Soap2day.to is an illegal video streaming website. Most of the online users who visit the sites are those that wants to watch videos especially newly resealed movies. The site states that web users can watch all videos without going through any registration process or login. Soap2day.to is free all the time as the website claims. Hence, it is also written that when using its video player, web users are going to encounter advertisements.
Ads by Soap2day.to
As a means for Soap2day.to to generate revenue, the website is incorporating advertisements on its video player and pages. When visitor’s click on the video, it opens up a pop-up ads and this may happen for several times. It will be on the third or fourth click that web users may be able to liberally play the video.
Unfortunately, the ads emerging from Soap2day.to are originating from a rogue ad network. In fact, the pop-up ads will lead to the download and installation of malicious browser extensions including NewPDFSearch, QuickPDFConverterSearch, and many more. In some cases, pop-up ads by Soap2day.to are going to send web browser pages to unwanted websites that are associated with online gambling, adult pages, fake online survey, phishing, and scam sites.
Obviously, aside from being too annoying, the Soap2day.to ads could bring in threats to the browser application and the system in general. Therefore, if web users are unable to stop visiting the said website, it is recommended to block or filter the ads to thwart any possible threats.
Is Soap2day.to considered virus?
Technically, Soap2day.to and its pop-up ads are not a computer virus. This is a usual website that hosts a multitude of media. If there are instances that the browser application keeps on redirecting to Soap2day.to, it could be due to the presence of malicious browser extension. Hence, this is still not classed as computer virus infection. It may have gotten inside the browser via the installation of dubious third-party software.
Even though, the pop-up ads from Soap2day.to are not deemed as part of the virus infection. It is still recommended to block the pop-up ads from displaying on the browser. For a complete guide, please see the next section. As stated, scanning the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools are suggested to get rid of any threats from the browser.
Steps to remove Soap2day.to pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Soap2day.to. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Soap2day.to are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Soap2day.to pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Soap2day.to from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Soap2day.to from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Soap2day.to.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Soap2day.to list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Soap2day.to from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Soap2day.to on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Soap2day.to entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Soap2day.to pop-up is gone.
Remove Soap2day.to from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Soap2day.to.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Soap2day.to pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Soap2day.to on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Soap2day.to from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Soap2day.to pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Soap2day.to from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Soap2day.to automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Soap2day.to that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Soap2day.to.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Soap2day.to and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Soap2day.to on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Soap2day.to.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Soap2day.to.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Soap2day.to from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Soap2day.to. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Soap2day.to.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Soap2day.to.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Soap2day.to is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.