Mac Cleanup Pro is a suspicious optimization tool for Macintosh computer. It is promoted as all-in-one application with extensive features such as disk cleanup, application manager, file manager, duplicate remover, and so on. Mac Cleanup Pro may persuade many Mac users due to these features. However, before considering this program to take care of the system, it is important to let user know that Mac Cleanup Pro belongs to rogue family. Other unpopular products from the same group are Mac Heal Pro, Advanced Mac Tuneup, and many more.
Usual way for Mac Cleanup Pro to enter the computer is through software bundles. On some instances, it is spread on web pages pretending as online scanner. To persuade users into downloading the program, the web page will simulate a scan and shortly identify various errors. In the end, it advises web user to download Mac Cleanup Pro as complete solution to fix the issues.
Once downloaded and installed, the program will execute the same scan. As usual with most rogue applications, Mac Cleanup Pro will detect numerous errors and troubles on the computer. Instead of letting user to try-out the program in dealing with issues, Mac Cleanup Pro will suggest activation in order to proceed. At this moment, users have to pay $14.95 per month to be able to unlock the full working version of this program.
Since Mac Cleanup Pro is part of rogue family. We do not suggest spending money for this suspicious application. In fact, we highly advise immediate removal of this potentially unwanted program. Complete guide is posted on this page to totally get rid of Mac Cleanup Pro.
Procedures to Remove Mac Cleanup Pro
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Mac Cleanup Pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Mac Cleanup Pro.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Mac Cleanup Pro rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Mac Cleanup Pro Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Mac Cleanup Pro window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Mac Cleanup Pro. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Mac Cleanup Pro. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Mac Cleanup Pro Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Mac Cleanup Pro during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Mac Cleanup Pro.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Mac Cleanup Pro from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Mac Cleanup Pro Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Mac Cleanup Pro Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Mac Cleanup Pro or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Mac Cleanup Pro to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac Cleanup Pro
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Mac Cleanup Pro to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac Cleanup Pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac Cleanup Pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.