Most Mac OSX users believed that the system is not prone to any malware attack. This has been proven wrong for a long time. Maybe, Mac systems are less vulnerable but still it can be targeted anytime by malicious software such as adware and malware. It has firm built-in security coming from the factory but once user integrates third party applications, Mac systems can be vulnerable to threats.
Even though anti-virus program is installed on your Mac system, this doesn’t mean that it is running clean and well protected. Security programs especially outdated ones tend to have some flaw which is being exploited by malware authors to conceal presence of their malicious code. Thus, it is still vital that you scan the system with anti-malware software. Unlike most anti-virus programs, anti-malware can find less prevailing threats such as adware, browser hijacker, pop-up ads, and browser redirects.
It has been an extensive drive for Malwarebytes Anti-malware to eliminate malicious software from PC and it is always been proven effective ever since. Now it’s time for Mac OS X user to attest how effective this program is. Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac is now made available for public use through Malwarebytes official website and partners.
Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac can work alongside your anti-virus program. It is not advisable to remove your existing anti-virus application since Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac has no real-time protection to guard your computer against incoming threats. This tool was made to remove malware that your anti-virus program failed to detect.
How to Download, Install, and Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac
Disclaimer: By downloading and using this tool, you are considered to have read the owner’s disclaimer and agreed to terms and conditions as declared on the official web site.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from official website. Save the file on your hard drive.
You can also download MBAM for Mac Scanner (this will open on a new window)
2. Open your Download folder and double-click on MBAM-Mac-version.dmg to mount the image.
3. After mounting the disk image, please drag Malwarebytes Anti-malware icon to Applications folder.
4. Next, launch Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from Application folder.
5. When confirmation window prompts if you want to open the file, please click Open to continue.
6. Install Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac with the default settings.
7. After installation, MBAM will download all necessary updates. This may take a while.
8. Once finish updating the tool, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac window will open.
9. On the graphical user interface, click on Scan to start checking the computer for malware. Remove all detected threats by selecting all that are presented on the list, then click the Remove button.