Advanced Mac Tuneup is a suspicious program that may appear on Macintosh system unexpectedly without user’s involvement. Its existence can flood the screen with various warning and alert messages stating a magnitude of software errors and system troubles. By holding onto this scare tactics, Advanced Mac Tuneup aims to fool user and make them think that this program is an essential tool to fix the computer.
Its scan result will produce an amount of false detection that can go to over thousands of items. It is more disturbing to see the same amount of reports even on clean or new system. Findings of Advanced Mac Tuneup states that system performance keeps on diminishing due to presence of adware, junk files, duplicate objects, and useless items occupying huge amount of hard disk space. As usual, after presenting these mock findings, it will suggest to buy Advanced Mac Tuneup in order to fix identified errors.
Official website promotes Advanced Mac Tuneup as a tool with bunch of features like one click care, cache cleaner, empty logs, and so on. However, its complete operation involves deceiving scheme that aims to swindle money from victims. Not to mention that it is utilizing malicious software bundles to spread a copy all over the web. Hence, security experts declare Advanced Mac Tuneup as a member of rogue application group that should be deleted from the computer as soon as possible.
To get rid of Advanced Mac Tuneup, we are presenting a complete guide on this page. Be sure to execute the steps in exact order and do not forget to scan the computer with suggested tools.
Procedures to Remove Advanced Mac Tuneup
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac computer.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Advanced Mac Tuneup. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Advanced Mac Tuneup.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Advanced Mac Tuneup rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Advanced Mac Tuneup Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Advanced Mac Tuneup window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Advanced Mac Tuneup. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Advanced Mac Tuneup. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Advanced Mac Tuneup Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Advanced Mac Tuneup during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Advanced Mac Tuneup.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Advanced Mac Tuneup from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Advanced Mac Tuneup Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Advanced Mac Tuneup Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Advanced Mac Tuneup or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Advanced Mac Tuneup to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Advanced Mac Tuneup
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Advanced Mac Tuneup to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Advanced Mac Tuneup.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Advanced Mac Tuneup is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.