Email Access Online toolbar is deemed as potentially unwanted program (PUP) that taking over computer settings seems to be effortless with the help of freeware bundles. Unlike most adware that becomes part of the browser as ‘extension’, this variant of Email Access Online is installed as integral part of Windows. During our own diagnostics as it exists on Windows 10 computer, it appears on very top portion of the screen, overlaying all programs and windows.
Presence of Email Access Online toolbar not only confuses users because of added menus and links. Most of all, this adware is annoying due to intrusive and unwanted search engine. It redirects all search inquiries to Results.hemailaccessonline.com, which is currently blocked on Google Chrome browser and was dubbed as malicious. This redirect action by Email Access Online can cause additional malware infection or may result to exposure of user’s private and confidential information. Google Chrome warns about the danger that user may face when using Email Access Online toolbar and its search provider:
“Attackers on results.hemailaccessonline.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). “
It is vital to remove Email Access Online toolbar as soon as possible to restore online security and privacy on the computer. As mentioned, it does not only affect the browser but it is a threat to operating system in general. For complete procedures to remove Email Access Online toolbar, please see the next section below.
Email Access Online Toolbar Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Uninstall Email Access Online Toolbar from Windows
Because Email Access Online toolbar appears to be an integral part of Windows operating system, the first thing to do is run an uninstall process. Follow the guide below to remove the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from the system. This process should also remove Email Access Online from browsers like Edge and Internet Explorer.
1. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command. Alternatively, you can go to Windows Menu > Search and type the given command.
2. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
3. Select Email Access Online or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
4. Please restart the computer.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Email Access Online on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Email Access Online.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Email Access Online.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Email Access Online.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Email Access Online.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Email Access Online and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The following stages are optional and should be carried out only if Email Access Online is still present on corresponding internet browser applications.
Stage 4: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Email Access Online.
Remove Email Access Online Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Email Access Online or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Email Access Online Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Email Access Online and remove it from the browser.
Delete Email Access Online Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Email Access Online or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Email Access Online.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Email Access Online Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Email Access Online from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020