Advanced Mac Cleaner is an unacceptable computer tool or program that every user wishes get rid from the Mac OS X system. It is deemed as invasive type of software that may be installed on the computer without user’s approval. This kind of malware is spreading on thousand of computers worldwide through Internet connection. Software exploits and vulnerabilities in Internet browser programs are believed to be exploited by Advanced Mac Cleaner to gain access on target computer. Malicious links from social media sites and spam email messages also contributes to the delivery of Advanced Mac Cleaner onto victim’s computer.
When this potentially unwanted program is run on the system, it can perform various actions to take control or certain system functions. Furthermore, Advanced Mac Cleaner does not provide entries to instantly remove its code when user is not comfortable with it. In addition, this unknown security and optimization tool may block your Internet access to security web sites preventing you from downloading removal tools and proper guide to delete Advanced Mac Cleaner from the affected computer.
Once Advanced Mac Cleaner is running on the computer, it will begin to display fake warnings and pop-up alerts stating several infections detected on OS X operating system. Obviously, these alerts are just ploy to deceive computer users and force them to pay for the Advanced Mac Cleaner registration code.
As you can see, Advanced Mac Cleaner program was made to steal money from you using various method of deception. Never pay for this worthless program and execute the removal steps to eliminate this threat from the computer right away.
Online Security Scanner Report for advancedmaccleaner.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 02, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 02, 2016|
|Probably safe||Feedback: Malware found||Updated: Sept. 02, 2016|
Procedures to Remove Advance Mac Cleaner Adware from Mac
Below is a simple procedure to help you get rid of Advance Mac Cleaner from Macintosh system. Removal of the adware on various browser is also included.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Advance Mac Cleaner
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware i.e. Advance Mac Cleaner, SearchAssist. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Advance Mac Cleaner, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Advance Mac Cleaner
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
- com.Advance Mac Cleaner.agent
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Advance Mac Cleaner to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most recent ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step2, number 4. Drag them to the Trash.
10. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
- Advance Mac Cleaner
Optional: For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to Advance Mac Cleaner.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Advance Mac Cleaner.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Advance Mac Cleaner is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Remove Advance Mac Cleaner from Safari Home Page and Search
1. Open Apple menu and select Force Quit. You can also press Command + Option + Esc on the keyboard to access this feature.
2. From the list of applications, select Safari, and then click on Force Quit button. Wait for Safari browser to close.
3. Now, hold down Shift key and launch Safari. Do this to avoid opening any unwanted window from Advance Mac Cleaner.
4. Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
5. Under General tab, type the desired URL on Home Page area.
6. To set the default search engine, please go back to Safari Preferences.
7. Click on Search and select the desired search engine from the list to override Advance Mac Cleaner custom search engine.