search.conduit.com redirects browser’s destination by injecting malicious code into the browser. This is commonly called browser hijacker. There are many types of this instance but so far search.conduit.com is the one who made it universal, affecting millions of computers worldwide. Aside from hijacking, it is observed that Microsoft Windows users protests on the unwanted Search Conduit Toolbar. Main concern of this threat is to set your home page to use the Conduit Search.
Several forums were flooded with questions on “How to remove search.conduit.com?” Also growing number of blog sites are producing write-ups to sell their product. Keep away from web sites that ask you to buy their program before they can remove search.conduit.com. Those are spam site that has nothing different than search.conduit.com. Both just want your money.
With regards to search.conduit.com, authors of this adware are affiliated with various advertisers in which your browser will be redirected if it is affected by the code. Attackers are aiming to deliver traffic to their partners utilizing victim’s computer. In most cases, users are not aware how search.conduit.com sneaks into the computer. Some protests for the unknown installation without asking for approval. In fact, user plays a role that causes search.conduit.com to gain an entry on the PC. It is usually pack with freeware and shareware. Once you install any of these bundled programs, you will have search.conduit.com redirect virus as well.
Next time, it is important to verify the safety of downloaded program before installing it on the computer. As much as possible, avoid unknown software and risky web sites.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.conduit.com:
search.conduit.com redirect receives many complaints from computer users. It redirects search result link and override the current home page with Conduit Search, a custom search box that mimics Google or Bing. Web site safety tests show that the web site in question is safe. This does not mean that it is risky using the service. Keep in mind that conducted tests only scans the web site for malicious items. Harmful code may be present on the computer that fetches the service from search.conduit.com. In that case, web site scanning really comes clean.
|No Issues||Community Rating: 2.5||Updated: July 24, 2013|
|Safe||Feedback: 28% Adware||Updated: July 24, 2013|
|Probably Safe||Ratings: 894 Likes, 83 Dislikes||Updated: July 24, 2013|
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: PUP.Optional.Conduit.A
search.conduit.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like search.conduit.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to search.conduit.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to search.conduit.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove search.conduit.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted search.conduit.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of search.conduit.com on the affected browser.
Stage 4: Cleanup Internet Browser’s Shortcut Link
One method that starts your home page to unwanted address like search.conduit.com is by integrating the link to browser’s shortcut link. On this section, we will discuss the proper removal of unwanted entries on shortcut link.
Cleaning Internet Explorer’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Internet Explorer and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Internet Explorer.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to search.conduit.com. Please refer to image below.
Cleaning Google Chrome’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Google Chrome and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Google Chrome.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to search.conduit.com. Please see image below for your reference.
Cleaning Mozilla Forefox’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Mozilla Firefox and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Mozilla Firefox.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to search.conduit.com. See screenshot image below.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from search.conduit.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with search.conduit.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to search.conduit.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. search.conduit.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by search.conduit.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.