System Defender Security Center is a bogus computer virus scanner that normally resides on malicious websites and pretends to be accomplishing local diagnostics. It mimics the look of legitimate MS Windows Defender to mislead users into thinking that the system scanning is valid. Hence, System Defender Security Center is running on web page and is actually doing a virus scan simulation.
After the fake scan, System Defender Security Center will detect various threats specifically E.tre456_worm_Windows. Though this is just a misinformation, many web users still fall into this trick and persuaded to proceed with the download of promoted rogue tool. Here are some of the deceptive messages from System Defender Security Center.
Immediate Action Required
We have detected a Trojan virus (e.tre456_worm_Windows) on your PC.
System Defender has defined that you didn’t install update for antivirus. Download and install it as soon as possible to avoid more damage. Don’t leave this page before you haven’t updated your antivirus.
This site is imposing web users to download endorsed product that computer security experts identified as bogus system optimization apps. For this specific event, System Defender Security Center is promoting One Click Booster. Hence, other similar sites is promoting other rogue tool from the same PCVARK group such as Boost My PC Pro, Auto PC Speedup, and many more. All of these were made to swindle money from victims so it is highly suggested to thwart the fraudulent process right at the beginning, when System Defender Security Center fake scanner first appeared on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Edge. Close the browser application and immediate scan the computer with valid anti-virus and anti-malware tools.
System Defender Security Center Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall System Defender Security Center from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select System Defender Security Center, One Click Booster, or similar rogue tool from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds System Defender Security Center and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of System Defender Security Center using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for System Defender Security Center . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all System Defender Security Center entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that System Defender Security Center have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to System Defender Security Center.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.