Stremanp.com is another web address currently utilized by cyber offenders for online marketing campaign. Web users are typically redirected to this website upon visiting suspicious pages that are running malicious advertising drive. Stremanp.com is an initial page to pop-up and followed by a series of redirects that aims to promote variety of dubious applications and nameless websites.
A victim who experiences the redirect often claims that the trouble started after downloading and installing web applications. This may have given the adware full control to alter settings on the browser to achieve compulsory visit to Stremanp.com website and its random affiliate links. Obviously, this fraudulent tactic is part of online marketing campaign perpetuated by cyber crooks to generate online profit by exploiting victim’s internet application.
Internet browsers redirecting to Stremanp.com do not always mean that there is virus infection. As mentioned, it is often caused by a script on visited harmful sites. However, if the redirect persists and resumes when visiting legitimate sites and while browsing safe contents, this requires immediate system checking for presence of malware or virus. The only way to identify if constant redirect to Stremanp.com is caused by adware is by running a thorough anti-malware scan on the compromised computer.
In addition, manually resetting configuration of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari may also stop the Stremanp.com redirect issues. Complete steps to proceed with the removal of the threat is outlined below.
Stremanp.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Stremanp.com. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Stremanp.com from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Stremanp.com.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Stremanp.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Stremanp.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Stremanp.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Stremanp.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Stremanp.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Stremanp.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Stremanp.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Stremanp.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Stremanp.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.