Search Safety Net may appear like an essential tool for your browser, thus many users are tricked into downloading this program. We can say that many computer security experts deemed this application as an adware. Search Safety Net is endorsed as a perfect tool to secure your computer while using the Internet. However, during installation of said program, other bunch of unwanted application may also get inside the computer. It is noticed that Search Safety Net are spreading malicious software or PUP.
One may acquire Search Safety Net from dozens of advertisements presently utilizing web traffic. There are instances that it will pop-up from a visited web site telling you about internet speed problem. Then, a recommendation to check your computer using Search Safety Net will follow.
Pay-per-install scheme were also used to deploy Search Safety Net. In such cases, you may obtain the program by downloading and installing software where the adware is bundled. Search Safety Net gets loaded on the computer without your notice and it will never seek for your approval. It is being installed in the background simultaneous with your preferred software.
Search Safety Net is offered in multiple web platforms. It runs on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. There are also a number of variants spreading that utilizes the same code and appearance, although names are changed on every version.
Adware and malicious programs are not the only crisis that can be present on computers affected by Search Safety Net. This adware also monitors your web browsing habit and records all your Internet activities. Furthermore, Search Safety Net may issue advertisements to gain profit to compensate for allowing you to use this free tool.
Online Security Scanner Report for searchsafetynet.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: May 11, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: May 11, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: May 11, 2016|
How to Remove Search Safety Net
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Search Safety Net
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Search Safety Net entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search Safety Net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Search Safety Net Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search Safety Net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search Safety Net on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Search Safety Net
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search Safety Net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search Safety Net. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Search Safety Net extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Search Safety Net.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Search Safety Net should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Search Safety Net and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.