Seeing a message in lower right corner of the screen saying “Reminder Your computer is not backed up” is a sign of adware infection. This message pushes user to utilize a backup tool called MyPCBackup. The message that appears on the system tray are just a plain text message and a URL that when clicked will cause the tool to get downloaded and be installed on the computer.
This message may look like a valid Windows prompt, but it is triggered by an adware presently on the computer. It may sound as if it is caring for your precious file but its real intention is to get some money from victims through misleading warnings and alerts. It also tries to sell a program that was found by many to be worthless. The full message you will see on the screen is as follows:
Your Computer Is Not Backedup. Backup Your Files Online Today. FREE Computer Backup Available.”
There are ways how you can terminate the message like ending the running process of MyPCBackup. However, we highly encourage you to deal with “Reminder your computer is not backed up” pop-up by deleting the source, which is actually an adware.
How to Remove “Reminder Your computer is not backed up” Ransomware
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove the virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds “Reminder Your computer is not backed up” and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for “Reminder Your computer is not backed up”‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for “Reminder Your computer is not backed up”. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all “Reminder Your computer is not backed up” entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that “Reminder Your computer is not backed up” have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.