Project Free TV is a video streaming web site that offers huge collection of HD movies and TV Shows. Whether this site is involved in piracy or not is not what we are going to cover here. As a security web site, we are task to dig into Project Free TV’s safety. It is noted that once user view online movies, a bunch of advertisements and pop-ups will show-up. So far, some people think that Project Free TV tries to get a virus into their computer.
When visitors click on any pop-up links from the site, adware or potentially unwanted program may get installed on the PC. Apart from that, it will continue to flash advertisements in the purpose of generating online profit known to be pay-per-click scheme. The site also offers adware program which are bundled with various adware and potentially unwanted program. You watch movies, TV shows, and other videos from the site, but there is a risk of obtaining an adware that may endanger your computer.
If your browser keeps on redirecting to Project Free TV ads, it only denotes that adware is present on the computer. Adware is being used by people behind to promote the site and gain online viewers.
Stop being redirected to Project Free TV ads by removing adware from the PC. Likewise, if adware is already part of the computer, you may start running full scan on the system using your installed anti-virus program. Procedures below are also suggested to help you remove Project Free TV adware with ease.
Online Security Scanner Report for free-tv-video-online.me:
|No issues||Community Rating: 3.8||Updated: Aug. 30, 2014|
|Link is suspicious||Feedback: Illegal Software||Updated: Aug. 30, 2014|
|Probably safe||Ratings: 96% Positive||Updated: Aug. 30, 2014|
How to Remove Project Free TV
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Project Free TV
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Unknown entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Project Free TV. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Project Free TV Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Project Free TV from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Project Free TV on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Project Free TV
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Project Free TV. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Project Free TV. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Project Free TV extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Project Free TV.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Project Free TV should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Project Free TV and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.