PC Matic is an unacceptable computer tool or program that every user wishes get rid from the PC. It is deemed as invasive type of software that may be installed on the computer without user’s full knowledge. This kind of malware is spreading on thousand of computers worldwide through Internet connection. Software exploits and vulnerabilities in Internet browser programs are believed to be exploited by PC Matic to gain access on target computer. Malicious links from social media sites and spam email messages also contributes to the delivery of PC Matic onto victim’s PC.
When this potentially unwanted program is run on the system, it can perform various actions to take control of certain Windows functions. Furthermore, PC Matic may not provide entries to instantly remove its code when user is not comfortable with it. In addition, this unknown security and optimization tool may alter certain setting on the PC without taking your approval.
Once PC Matic is running on the computer, it will begin to display suspicious warnings and pop-up alerts stating several fixes needed to carry out on Windows operating system. Obviously, these alerts are just ploy to deceive computer users and force them to pay for the PC Matic product.
As you can see, PC Matic program was made to steal money from you using various method of deception. Never pay for this worthless program and execute the removal steps to eliminate this threat from the computer right away.
Online Security Scanner Report for pcmatic.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 1.0/5.0||Updated: Sept. 07, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 07, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 2 Dislikes||Updated: Sept. 07, 2016|
How to Remove PC Matic
Getting rid of the unwanted program may require several scans using various security tools. We assure you that software we provided here are tested and proven effective to fight malware.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall PC Matic
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove PC Matic entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to PC Matic. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Use Malwarebytes Anti-malware to totally clean PC Matic
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Click here to download MBAM (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBAM-SETUP.EXE to run the program.
3. Select desired installation language when it prompts you. Then, click OK.
4. On the welcome screen, it will ask you to close all opened programs and disable ant-virus and firewall, please do so to avoid conflicts. Then click Next.
5. Next window is about License Agreement, you must accept this and click the Next button. Proceed with the succeeding prompts until you reach the window Ready to Install. Click on Install button.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. Leave “Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” with check mark. Then, click on Finish to run the program.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Threat Scan. Click on Scan Now button to begin the process of removing PC Matic objects. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4: Double-check for PC Matic ‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PC Matic . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PC Matic entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PC Matic have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.