Hp.myway.com is a deadly browser hijacker presently dubbed as Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Once executed, this malicious search tool immediately takes over the browser and redirect search inquiry to various servers. Hp.myway.com may disguise as valuable search engine but inside, it has some malicious motives.
Hp.myway.com loads unwanted features on the browser. It claims that this New Tab will give user quick access to all great features. However, during thorough diagnostics, security professionals noticed that it aims to dominate the browser and takes control on every aspect. Its supremacy over internet browser application can lead to excessive display of advertisements. User is out of control on this situation while Hp.myway.com is holding the power over the browser.
By having the capability to bundle this adware to various freeware, makers of Hp.myway.com was able to spread it quickly into computers. Installation is almost unseen because it loads simultaneously with freeware. Hp.myway.com installs itself without asking for user’s approval. Then, it targets internet browser application and installs malicious extension so that it runs regularly.
Due to invasive method applied in the installation of Hp.myway.com, many users see this instance as some style of virus intrusion. Nevertheless, Hp.myway.com is technically not cause by computer virus. It fits the description of Adware or PUP. It was made solely to generate online profit. We see nothing wrong with gaining revenue from web services. However, Hp.myway.com means to achieve this is somehow fraudulent.
If you need to remove Hp.myway.com from the computer, there are instructions and tools readily available on this page. After getting rid of the adware, make sure that you guard the browser and computer with efficient anti-malware tool to avoid another adware occurrences.
Online Security Scanner Report for hp.myway.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 4.4/5.0||July 21, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||July 21, 2016|
|Probably Safe||Feedback: Malware found||July 21, 2016|
Hp.myway.com Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Hp.myway.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hp.myway.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Hp.myway.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Hp.myway.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Hp.myway.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Hp.myway.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Hp.myway.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Hp.myway.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Hp.myway.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Hp.myway.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Hp.myway.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.