Epicunitscan.info is a malicious website that is known to be a source of multiple browser infection. The domain is infamous for redirecting web page to various websites containing spam content, malicious advertisements, or page that can automatically download malware on visitor’s computer. Most of the websites referred by Epicunitscan.info are full-window clickable, which only means it will serve the same redirect actions by simply clicking on any part of the browser window.
Having Epicunitscan.info pop-ups on the browser may mean that adware is installed on the computer. It runs the code each time the browser starts and once the process is running, user may have difficulty on stopping Epicunitscan.info from carrying out its objective of exhibiting various advertisements. The multiple redirects originating from this malicious URL do not only possess annoying endorsements. Worst than that, Epicunitscan.info appointed pages might end up web users to a page that was intentionally published to spread malware.
With the reasons mentioned above, quite a number of security applications deem Epicunitscan.info as dangerous. In that case, pop-up like “Malicious Website Blocked” or “High Risk Website Blocked – Access has been blocked to Epicunitscan.info” may appear on the computer screen each time the browser attempts to open a window pointing to the questionable address and relevant sub pages.
It is also worth mentioning that not all incident of Epicunitscan.info issues are related to virus or adware infection. Some users may bump into this website because it is part of a multiple redirect originating from another hijacker. This simple redirect routine may also trigger anti-virus program to pop-up Epicunitscan.info Website Blocked message or similar alerts.
The best thing to do to check the computer is to run an anti-virus and anti-malware scan. Included in the removal procedures below are effective scanners that are also effective in removing malicious codes on browser programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Epicunitscan.info Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Epicunitscan.info from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Epicunitscan.info from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Epicunitscan.info persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Epicunitscan.info from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Epicunitscan or any suspicious entries by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Epicunitscan removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Epicunitscan.info. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Epicunitscan.info. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Epicunitscan
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Epicunitscan entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Epicunitscan.info.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Epicunitscan.info and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Epicunitscan.info. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.