Easypackagetrackertab.com or Easy Package Tracker is a tool for tracing package and shipments using online resources. It seems like a useful utility for web user but Easypackagetrackertab.com is considerably a threat to browser programs like Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Easypackagetrackertab.com browser hijacker
A browser hijacker is somewhat a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that can accomplish various unnecessary changes on internet software settings. The primary goal of Easypackagetrackertab.com is to dominate infected browser apps and utilize it for the sake of attackers. It operates to track browsing activities and even personal information of internet users. This is a common thing for an unwanted program and because of this; some may perceived Easypackagetrackertab.com as computer virus. Moreover, Easypackagetrackertab.com is able to modify the browser settings and assigns an unwanted URL. The home page, new tab page, and search engine will have this uniform web address as the new web default.
Downloading free applications from unofficial sites can be the cause of unsolicited installation of potentially unwanted programs. Such websites typically offers software bundles including free online games, tools, and program updates. Sometimes, these kinds of package incorporate unwanted apps or adware. It is one of the Easypackagetrackertab.com developers’ methods to market their invasive program. Web users tend to download and install freeware ignoring some basic procedures. Without carefully checking the application, PUP or adware infiltrates into computers smoothly and will start to contaminate browser programs.
Once Easypackagetrackertab.com installed on the computer, it will spy and modify browser and security settings. When the alterations are made, web users might not easily reverse the changes unless Easypackagetrackertab.com is eliminated totally from the browser. The existence of Easypackagetrackertab.com on the computer will cause the display of intrusive ads and pop-ups on the browser resulting to limit the browsing experience of online users. Annoying advertisements in different formats will continuously run coming out anywhere on the screen. Such adverts possibly promote frauds or fake software updates or downloads, or it can automatically install any kind of malware. Pop-ups that appear might cause redirection to dubious web pages presenting unpleasant scopes or unsuitable contents.
Easypackagetrackertab.com literally hijacks web browser, which leads to misbehavior and threat for online users. Its ability to track important details can definitely put the safety of computer and privacy of web users at risk. Removing it completely from the computer using a legitimate and trusted program is really a good choice.
Procedures to Remove Easypackagetrackertab.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Easypackagetrackertab.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Easypackagetrackertab.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Easypackagetrackertab.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Easypackagetrackertab.com or Easy Package Tracker, EightPoint, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Easypackagetrackertab.com
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. It is normally an unfamiliar file name such as the following:
- Easy Package Tracker, EightPoint
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Easypackagetrackertab.com to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
9. Repeat the process on the following non-hidden folders (without ~):
Optional : For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to Easypackagetrackertab.com homepage hijacker.
Step 4 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Easypackagetrackertab.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Easypackagetrackertab.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5 : Remove Easypackagetrackertab.com from Homepage and Search
- Open your Safari browser.
- Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
- Under General tab, navigate to Default Search Engine section and select Google or any valid search engine.
- Next, be sure that "New Windows Open With" field is set to Homepage.
- Lastly, remove Easypackagetrackertab.com from the Homepage field. Replace it with your preferred URL to be set as your default homepage.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and press Enter on keyboard : chrome://settings/
- Look for 'On Startup' area.
- Select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'.
- Click on More Actions and select Edit.
- Enter the desired web address as your home page, replacing Easypackagetrackertab.com. Click Save.
- To set default search engine, go to Search Engine area.
- Click on 'Manage search engines...' button.
- Go to questionable Search Engine. Click on More Actions and Click 'Remove from list'.
- Go back to Search Engine area and choose valid entry from Search engine used in the address bar.
- Run Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and hit Enter on keyboard : about:preferences
- On Startup area, select 'Show your home page' under 'When Firefox starts' field.
- Under Home Page field, type the desired URL to replace Easypackagetrackertab.com settings.
- To configure default search engine, select Search on left sidebar to display settings.
- Under Default Search Engine list, please select one.
- On the same page, you have an option to Remove unwanted search engine.
Step 6 : Delete Easypackagetrackertab.com Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Easypackagetrackertab.com during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Easypackagetrackertab.com.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Easypackagetrackertab.com, Easy Package Tracker, EightPoint, or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Easypackagetrackertab.com. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Easy Package Tracker, EightPoint, Easypackagetrackertab.com or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Easypackagetrackertab.com.