Advanced Identity Protector is a Windows application that claims to safeguard your identity while online. It offers a number of features like scanning of web browsers, emails, and registry entries. Advanced Identity Protector can also wipes out traces of personal information used on browser’s online forms.
At first glance, Advanced Identity Protector seems to be a useful tool to protect personal information while surfing the web. However, there were reports that this program is linked to some adware and potentially unwanted program (PUP). Moreover, some browser redirects force computer users to arrive at Advanced Identity Protector’s official website and trick them to download and pay for this program. On some instances, visited web page will issue false warning stating several issues found on the computer. Then, it will advise them to call (855) 737-4053. This customer service is another section that aims to mislead user to download Advanced Identity Protector.
Once Advanced Identity Protector is installed on the computer, it can run a scan during Windows start-up. Then, the program will identify dozens of risks found on the computer. User will be prompted for a bunch of identity traces; however, fixing this issue requires user to pay for the full version of Advanced Identity Protector. This is a clear money-making scheme by rogue program authors. A scare tactics widely used to mislead users into purchasing unknown and suspicious tools.
Instead of wasting money to fix the computer with the registered version of Advanced Identity Protector, we highly suggest to remove it as soon as possible. Then, run a thorough scan of anti-malware program. This will find and delete any objects linked to rogue program and other PUP’s.
Advanced Identity Protector Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Advanced Identity Protector through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Advanced Identity Protector, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Advanced Identity Protector rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Advanced Identity Protector
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Advanced Identity Protector and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Advanced Identity Protector from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Advanced Identity Protector from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Advanced Identity Protector unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Advanced Identity Protector and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Advanced Identity Protector using Anti-malware Program
To remove Advanced Identity Protector automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Advanced Identity Protector that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Advanced Identity Protector.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.