Internet browsers redirecting to Thegoodcaster.com is not only annoying, this rerouting ploy by cyber criminals may also lead to further infection because it often serves malware infected web pages. As you can see in the online security scanner report below, Google Safe Browsing finds unsafe pages on Thegoodcaster.com website. The other two website diagnostic scanners have yet to discover how bad the contents of the offending web address are. Sooner, McAfee and Norton will surely flagged Thegoodcaster.com as dangerous destination for web users.
Browsers redirecting to Thegoodcaster.com does not equate to malware infested computer. There are instances that user bumped into corrupt site that processes the redirect. However, if the issue is constant and Thegoodcaster.com starts as soon as the browser opens, this is a case of local browser infection.
Thegoodcaster.com is a cross-browser adware. Meaning, it can apply the corrupt code to multiple internet applications, depending whichever is active when the infiltration occurs. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari are all vulnerable to this kind of attack. It can sneak onto the browser through software bundles that adware makers often spread to selected app downloading websites. Due to majority of users’ carelessness when installing downloaded programs, hijackers like Thegoodcaster.com’s enters the browser time and again with less effort.
Solutions to remove Thegoodcaster.com from the browser are covered on next section of this page. We are advising full scan of the computer using anti-malware and anti-adware programs. These two combinations of security tool will surely eradicate malicious objects that are associated to Thegoodcaster.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for thegoodcaster.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 27, 2019|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 27, 2019|
|Unsafe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 27, 2019|
Thegoodcaster.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Thegoodcaster.com. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Thegoodcaster.com.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Thegoodcaster.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Thegoodcaster.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Thegoodcaster.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Thegoodcaster.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Thegoodcaster.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Thegoodcaster.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Thegoodcaster.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Thegoodcaster.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Thegoodcaster.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.