Fmovies is the title of a questionable website that cyber scammers are using for their fraudulent activities. It offers pirated media to attract websites, and when browsing the site, Fmovies is going to perform pop-ups and redirects that aim to forward web users to various malicious destinations. Normally, users will end up on dubious locations like fake software update pages, adware pages, fake online surveys, or online prize scams.
Fmovies.co, Fmovies.cc, Fmovies.name, and so on
Realistically, Fmovies is a network of websites that offers visitors free media streaming and downloading. It claims that online users can watch movies and TV shows without interruptions. Hence, this is just a marketing strategy because once web users access the pages of Fmovies, different kinds of annoyances are met. In particular, pop-up ads and redirects are the usual disturbances that come into contact with its visitors. Here are just some URLs that are linked to Fmovies.
Fmovies pop-up notification
Aside from directly displaying advertisements on the browser, Fmovies wanted to have access to the push notifications of the internet browser program. Like Decipient.xyz, Herebelf.xyz, and Unrelered.xyz, it is going to display deceiving messages in order to lure online users to click on a button that will give Fmovies permission to use the push notification.
The moment that Fmovies was able to access the push notification, it was going to abuse the said feature to display aggressive pop-up advertisements. Bear in mind that these pop-up ads are sourced from an underground network, and therefore, they are malicious in nature. Redirecting web users to suspicious sites that host adware, malware, or viruses is usually the primary objective of these aggressive advertisements.
Getting rid of Fmovies pop-up
If the source of the pop-up is a simple browser misconfiguration, deleting the relevant Fmovies URL from the settings is enough to stop the intrusive advertisements. Hence, if adware is involved, scanning the computer with an effective virus and malware removal tool is highly recommended.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Fmovies will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||184.108.40.206 (Fmovies.co)|
Fmovies Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer. In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Remove Fmovies pop-ups and redirects by executing these steps:
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Fmovies through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Fmovies, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Fmovies pop-ups and redirects, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Fmovies pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Fmovies from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Fmovies from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Fmovies.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Fmovies list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Fmovies from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Fmovies pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Fmovies entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Fmovies pop-up is gone.
Remove Fmovies from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Fmovies.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Fmovies pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Fmovies from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Fmovies from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Fmovies to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Fmovies.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Fmovies pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Fmovies. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the suspicious Browser Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Fmovies or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the unwanted Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Fmovies and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove the malicious Extension from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select suspicious or a recently installed unknown entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Fmovies is still present on the browser and there are still pop-ups and redirects, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable unwanted entries from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Google Chrome from Fmovies
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. In this instance, resetting the browser to its default configuration is the best solution. If Fmovies is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to proceed with the Safety Check.
Use Chrome Safety Check to Delete Fmovies
1. Open the Google Chrome application.
2. Type this string in the address box: chrome://settings/privacy and then, press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Go to Safety Check section and click on Check Now button.
4. Remove any suspicious extensions or sites that are extensively showing notifications.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find malicious websites and harmful software. If unable to delete Fmovies, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. See more details on this page.