Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml is a detection by Windows Defender for a computer threat that can perform a number of malicious actions as commanded by remote attacker. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml is so dangerous because it has this backdoor capability that will allow a hacker to control and dominate the infected computer.
After the execution, Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml will drop several malicious files on the computer, especially on system folders. The threat will then add a registry entry to run the malicious code on each Windows start-up.
Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml is also able to conceal itself by loading the code as Critical Windows process. This technique is also one way to make it invisible from virus and malware scanners.
The initial infection is accomplished by a Trojan Dropper that is sole responsible for the downloading and installation of Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml. There are also instances that victims computer got infected after opening a malicious attachment from spam email messages.
Questionable file-sharing networks, malicious applications, and browser redirects are also seen as another way currently being exploited by cyber criminals to attack Windows systems.
Aside from damaging system files and executable data on the computer, Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml may also collect software and personal information from the computer. This is necessary for attackers to plan for its succeeding attack whether it is simply to upgrade the infection or run a phishing campaign to collect revenue from this illicit operation.
Trojan Wacatac, Trojan.Win32.WACATAC, VirTool:Win32/AutInject.CZ!bit, AutoIt/Injector.ac, Backdoor.Win32.Androm.roiz
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml?
To totally remove Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml Instantly
To instantly remove Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D!ml items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.