Trojan:Win32/Glupteba is a heuristic detection for a computer virus that infects the computer silently by concealing itself to legitimate Windows process. Normally, computer users acquire this virus by downloading malicious files or visiting sites that acts as web injectors. Once Trojan:Win32/Glupteba infects the computer, it can perform different malicious actions, including the downloading of additional threats.
Trojan:Win32/Glupteba was developed primarily for the purpose of injecting additional threat to the computer. This virus spreads in a usual way as other computer risks using the widely used connection of the internet. Hence, in most infection cases, it was noted that the majority of victims were able to acquire Trojan:Win32/Glupteba by visiting malicious websites that injects the virus code and then exploit vulnerabilities as its infection payload. Others often receives the virus after installing a malicious software package that was downloaded from a distrustful source.
The execution of Trojan:Win32/Glupteba leads to exploitation of different system vulnerabilities, particularly remote administration tool. This gives the virus windows of opportunity to further infect the computer with a much hazardous threat known as ransomware. Trojan:Win32/Glupteba also drops copies of itself on System folder. To execute the said file, the virus adds a registry entry that summon the execution of the virus on each Windows boot-up.
Trojan:Win32/Glupteba leverages the contamination of a much hazardous virus once it infects the computer. It will attempt to exploit certain vulnerabilities in the computer in order to execute various malicious actions including the following:
- Report the infection to attackers.
- Open a backdoor port and allow hackers to control the computer.
- Collect various information like IP address, OS version, ISP and so on.
- Occasionally send gathered data to a remote server.
- Communicate to a remote server to update the virus copy.
- Download the main ransomware virus onto the infected computer.
List of Variants
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.A!MSR||Severe||Feb 14, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.JFU!MTB||Severe||Feb 21, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.DHK!MTB||Severe||Feb 22, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.CSK!MTB||Severe||Mar 20, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.RDL!MTB||Severe||Mar 26, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.KMG!rfn||Severe||Apr 06, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.PVS!MTB||Severe||Apr 16, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.A!MTB||Severe||Jun 10, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba!atmn||Severe||Jun 11, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.DSE!MTB||Severe||Jul 20, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.RA!MTB||Severe||Aug 10, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.DSI!rfn||Severe||Aug 16, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.KC!MTB||Severe||Sep 17, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.DG!MTB||Severe||Sep 30, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.G!MSR||Severe||Oct 08, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.AR!Cert||Severe||Oct 13, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.RND!MTB||Severe||Oct 20, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.RQ!MSR||Severe||Oct 30, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.MT!MTB||Severe||Oct 30, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.R||Severe||Nov 01, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.DSP!MTB||Severe||Nov 03, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.AC!MTB||Severe||Nov 05, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.MZ!MTB||Severe||Nov 06, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Glupteba.MS!rfn||Severe||Nov 21, 2020|
|For complete details including full list of Trojan:Win32/Glupteba variants, please refer to this Microsoft Security Intelligence page|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Glupteba?
To totally remove Trojan:Win32/Glupteba from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Trojan:Win32/Glupteba Instantly
To instantly remove Trojan:Win32/Glupteba, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Trojan:Win32/Glupteba or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Trojan:Win32/Glupteba should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Trojan:Win32/Glupteba. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Trojan:Win32/Glupteba virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Trojan:Win32/Glupteba, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Trojan:Win32/Glupteba
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Trojan:Win32/Glupteba. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Trojan:Win32/Glupteba or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Trojan:Win32/Glupteba effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Trojan:Win32/Glupteba items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.