Storage.googleapis.com is a type of website that can implement a drive-by-download scheme in order to infect visitor's computer. With this type of threat, users are normally not aware that the site is downloading and installing a small script which can lead to a bigger issue when not taken care of as soon as it affects the system. Malicious site like Storage.googleapis.com is known for distributing various kinds of adware, malware, and potentially unwanted program.
Normally, computers that are protected with security products such as anti-virus and anti-malware can block access to Storage.googleapis.com. In that case, a warning will pop-up on the screen stating that web site being visited is dangerous. Security programs instantly advise to leave the site to avoid virus infection.
Malware, Trojan, or virus running on the computer may redirect affected browser to drive-by-download web site such as Storage.googleapis.com. Attackers are using this method to spread threats using various web addresses to evade general blocking capability of most security programs. That is why regular updating of your anti-virus and anti-malware program is vital.
Typically, redirects, hijacker, and other relevant threats are embedded on potentially unwanted programs (PUP) or altered legitimate free software like tools, games, multimedia players, and software updates.
If Storage.googleapis.com starts to download and install unwanted program onto visitor's PC, there is really no obvious signs except for sluggish system performance. If your computer is equipped with effective security tool, you might get alerted with a pop-up message stating that computer is under attack by Storage.googleapis.com.
Browser redirection to Storage.googleapis.com and other strange changes on browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox are also sign that Storage.googleapis.com is initiating an assault on your PC.
Although your browser may experience browser redirect, hijacking, and pop-ups, the goal of Storage.googleapis.com doesn't end there. The main objective of this malicious site is to download and install more threats into your computer. A security risk on the system is also exploited by Storage.googleapis.com for future attack.
How can you remove Storage.googleapis.com?
To totally remove Storage.googleapis.com from the computer and get rid of relevant adware, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
First step: Scan the computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
MBAM Download Link (this will open on a new window)
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MB3-SETUP.EXE to run the program.
3. Select desired installation language when it prompts you.Then, click OK.
4. On the welcome screen, click Next to proceed.
5. Next window is about License Agreement, you must accept this and click the Next button.
6. Proceed with the succeeding prompts until you reach the window Ready to Install. Click on Install button.
7. Installation process will take less than a minute. Click on Finish button to run the program.
8. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on sidebar menu. Then, choose Threat Scan as shown in the image below. Click on Start Scan button to begin the process. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
9. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Second step: Run AdwCleaner to totally remove Storage.googleapis.com
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
AdwCleaner Download Link (this will open a new window).
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Storage.googleapis.com. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Third step: Cleanup the Browser using Avast Browser Cleanup
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window).
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe. This is effective in deleting Storage.googleapis.com entries from the browser.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button 'Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.' You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Storage.googleapis.com on the affected browser.