What is Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml?
Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml is a detection for a computer virus that can block the access of user to their files. Other computer security applications may identify this threat as Razy, FileCoder, Diztakun, or MSIL. If antivirus software pop-ups an alert about the presence of Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml, it implies of danger to the system and most importantly, computer user’s files are at risks. Therefore, immediate thorough scanning is recommended to remove the virus and avoid any possible damages to the system and files.
Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml spreads over the internet via different methods. It can reach the computer via malicious software bundles, cracked program, web injectors, dubious advertisements, social engineering attacks, and mass-mailing techniques. A separate Trojan downloader infection could also cause Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml to enter the computer when the initial Trojan infection fetches it from a remote location.
Once Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml is executed on the computer, it will drop several malicious files on various folders and specifically Windows System. To have an auto start function, this virus is going to add a registry entry that will run the malicious code each time that Windows starts. Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml can establish a connection to a remote server to receive further commands from attackers.
Hackers primarily created Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml virus as means to infect the computer and lock the important files. Aside from this main goal that yields to money extortion, the virus can also perform different malicious actions including the following:
- Collect several information from the computer.
- Send the gathered data to a remote server.
- Download additional threat from the remote server.
- Execute or run the obtain malware on the already infected computer.
- Allow remote attacker to control the computer from a distant place.
One example of hazardous ransomware that were identified with this signature includes Instant Ransomware 2.0.
List of Variants
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Program:Win32/Wacapew.G!ml||Moderate||Jan 14, 2020|
|Program:Win32/Wacapew.E!ml||Moderate||Jan 14, 2020|
|Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!rfn||Moderate||May 16, 2020|
|For complete details including full list of Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml variants, please refer to this Microsoft Security Intelligence page|
How to remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml?
To totally remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml Instantly
To instantly remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
How to protect the computer?
The initial defense that comes to the mind of any computer users is to install an anti-virus or anti-malware program. This move is sensible and probably the most practical way to protect the computer against Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml attack. Hence, keep in mind that having a security software do not give full guarantee of protection. The most part of the prevention still lies on being cautious of users and therefore we are providing the following information as guidelines to protect the computer from virus infection.
Avoid Malicious Websites
There are enormous numbers of websites that was made for the primary purpose of spreading Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml. Normally, these sites are involved in integrating malicious pop-up and browser hijacker, that will eventually cause further virus infection. Avoid such kind of websites.
Delete Phishing Emails
The mass-mailing of computer viruses gives the attackers the luxury of spreading their malicious code in just one send off. This will arrive in the inbox as email that appears to be from a legitimate organization. So, if you receive an unexpected email with a link or an attached file, better delete it immediately.
Do Not Click a Suspicious Link
Links from social media, forums, and blog sites are sometimes being utilized by attackers to drive web users to a malicious page that contains malicious code. Therefore, do not just click on any link especially if it looks suspicious. Accidental access to the destination site may lead to Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml infection.
Be Careful When Downloading Files
Cracked software, serial key generators, and several freeware are seen as another method that spreads the Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml virus. Avoid acquiring these types of application and if there is a need to download a freeware or shareware, be sure to obtain it from the official website or trusted providers.