HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS is a term or name for detection of malicious tool that can be use to unlawfully register commercial copy of Microsoft software products. Security experts warned that using this program to “crack” or patch Microsoft software might lead to hazardous infection of malware. If HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS is detected on the computer, it simply means that hack tool was run on the computer to illegally run commercial Microsoft product.
There are hundreds of suspicious websites offering free download of various tool that Microsoft security products may identify as HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS. Be careful with these programs as security experts have warned that most malware are distributed globally with this tool.
Once run on the computer, HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS will drop certain files to activate Microsoft products specifically MS Office. Aside from that, the Trojan will also place several files and tasks to run malicious code each time Windows starts.
During execution of the hack tool, it will display the following message:
AutoKMS 18.104.22.168 Ran At.
Attempting To Activate Microsoft Office
Attempting to Activate OfficeProPlus-KMS_Client
Product activation successful
Hence, there will be no visible symptoms on its discrete operation where it can allow remote attacker to see and execute files on the infected computer.
How can you remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS?
To totally remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Double Check with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MB3-SETUP.EXE to run the program.
3. Select desired installation language when it prompts you.Then, click OK.
4. Continue with the process until MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is fully installed on the computer. The program will run automatically.
5. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on sidebar menu. Then, choose Threat Scan as shown in the image below. Click on Start Scan button to begin the process. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.