Akamaized.net is a suspicious website that was found to be associated with different illicit online activities. For one, it was observed that Akamaized.net is being utilized to distribute questionable applications like rogue anti-virus program or useless optimization tool. There are also numerous findings that web users who bump into Akamaized.net are being redirected to different unwanted pages like online games, survey sites, bitcoin and foreign exchange tutorial, and other sites prompting users to subscribe in their online services.
Normally, Akamaized.net is an ordinary website that aims to display advertisements on the browser in using different tactics. But since many web users are now equipping their browser with ad-blocking programs, Akamaized.net wants to evade this by prompting online user to permit the site from showing notifications. This is the reason why it prompts “Akamaized.net wants to show notification” each time that web user accidentally view the pages on this website. Actually, attackers will utilize the said browser feature to transmit advertisements instead of a notification. So, allowing Akamaized.net to be included under the authorized list would lead to abundant pop-up ads on the browser.
It is also worth to mention that majority of advertisements from Akamaized.net are derived from an underground ad network. Having said that, expect that pop-ups originating from this domain are holding malicious contents or containing links that intends to direct the browser pages to another suspicious location where the online user may accidentally acquire adware or malware.
Pop-up ads coming from Akamaized.net are risky to one’s online browsing activities. Therefore, never neglect the appearance of intrusive pop-ups. It is recommended to stop the misbehavior by deleting the Akamaized.net from the browser configuration and scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools. For a complete guide to manage the notification settings of browser, please proceed to the next section.
Steps to remove Akamaized.net pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Akamaized.net. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Akamaized.net are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Akamaized.net pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Akamaized.net from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Akamaized.net from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Akamaized.net.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Akamaized.net list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Akamaized.net from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Akamaized.net on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Akamaized.net entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Akamaized.net pop-up is gone.
Remove Akamaized.net from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Akamaized.net.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Akamaized.net pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Akamaized.net on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Akamaized.net from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Akamaized.net pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Akamaized.net from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Akamaized.net automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Akamaized.net that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Akamaized.net.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Akamaized.net and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Akamaized.net on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Akamaized.net.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Akamaized.net.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Akamaized.net from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Akamaized.net. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Akamaized.net.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Akamaized.net.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Akamaized.net is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.