Yourworldofpages.info is a website that displays multiple suspicious advertisements on the browser. It normally exhibits enticing ads and fake software update to persuade users into downloading and installing a potentially unwanted program (PUP).
As shown in the image below, its sub domain Lastversion.yourworldofpages.info is purporting to be an Adobe Flash Player update. This trick aims to convince users to download an app that is actually an Adware, which was made to accomplish unwanted changes on the computer and internet browser program once installed. The web page may contain the following message:
“Adobe Flash Player is out-of-date
The version of this plug-in on your computer doesn’t include the latest security updates. Flash cannot be used until you download an update from Adobe.”
“Latest version of Flash Player is required to encode and/or decode (Play) audio files in high quality.”
Once the endorsed app is installed and executed, computer will get infected with various threats like Mac Cleanup Pro, AreaProduct, and so on. In addition, the downloaded application from Yourworldofpages.info page may initiate browser redirect and intrusive pop-up advertisements that can lead to additional adware or malware infection.
Yourworldofpages.info redirect is a real threat and computer users should avoid this at all times. One thing to prevent internet software from opening this page is by completely blocking the URL from browser settings. Moreover, installing a legitimate and effective security tool will automatically block the website and incoming and outgoing traffic that tries to established communication with it.
With regards to removal and stopping the Yourworldofpages.info redirect, we suggest to scan the computer with anti-virus and anti-malware tools. These security applications will do the automatic searching and removal of malicious objects, which will make it easier for ordinary users to clean the computer.
Procedures to Remove Yourworldofpages.info from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Yourworldofpages.info. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Yourworldofpages.info.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Yourworldofpages.info
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Yourworldofpages.info or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Yourworldofpages.info.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Yourworldofpages.info is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Yourworldofpages.info Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Yourworldofpages.info during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Yourworldofpages.info.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Yourworldofpages.info or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Yourworldofpages.info Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Yourworldofpages.info is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Yourworldofpages.info pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Yourworldofpages.info.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Yourworldofpages.info. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Yourworldofpages.info or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Yourworldofpages.info.