If you see a pop-up message stating that, “You have been redirected to Mac Support page”, please close the browser right away to avoid any further pop-up or redirect to appear. Looking at the domain Contact-apple.net, we can concur that the message is bogus. Contact-apple.net is not an official Apple website and therefore the “You have been redirected to Mac Support page” is a misleading content that aims to deceive Mac users to avail the services offered on this website. Here is the content from the pop-up alert.
Dear Mac Customer,
You have been redirected to Mac Support page because your Mac is infected with Popup Adware Virus due to download’s from un-trusted source.
We have noticed excessive POPUP ADS or SECURITY ISSUES on your Mac!
It could be because of a possible MALWARE or Adware download.
CHAT NOT WITH MAC SUPPORT
Please note your CASE ID is: AS11S50-hhch8nt
What happens next?
If you proceed to browse the site, there will be other misleading alerts aside from “You have been redirected to Mac Support page”. These sets of fake alerts aim on engaging Mac users into a conversation. The other party will open a chat support that later on will advise the downloading of a remote control application. That will be the start of the scam campaign, which will drag Mac user to deeper issues including huge billings for the said online technical support.
How to stop “You have been redirected to Mac Support page” pop-up?
If the pop-up from Contact-apple.net is persistent, it could be that adware has taken control of the browser program. In this case, you must scan the computer with anti-malware tool. Also, check the settings of the affected website for any configuration that initiates the pop-ups to display. Full guide is outlined on the next section.
Procedures to Remove "You have been redirected to Mac Support page" from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like "You have been redirected to Mac Support page". You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing "You have been redirected to Mac Support page".
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including "You have been redirected to Mac Support page".
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, "You have been redirected to Mac Support page" is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by "You have been redirected to Mac Support page". If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Step 2 : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with "You have been redirected to Mac Support page". The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted entry like "You have been redirected to Mac Support page" and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from "You have been redirected to Mac Support page".
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from "You have been redirected to Mac Support page". This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of "You have been redirected to Mac Support page".
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed "You have been redirected to Mac Support page" extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to "You have been redirected to Mac Support page". This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. "You have been redirected to Mac Support page" should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.