www-search.net can hijacks the default home page of popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome. It tries to drive traffic to various web sites and make online profit through these referrals. www-search.net works its way into the computer through various freeware that users may obtain from several web sites.
Typically, browser hijacker is packed with shareware programs. Installation is so discreet that you won’t notice it being loaded onto the browser. www-search.net will be installed as browser add-on or extension. In some cases, removing such may stop the hijacker from overtaking your default start-up page. But most of the time, deleting the add-on is not sufficient to stop your home page from being redirected to www-search.net.
Obviously, this browser hijacker is part of the adware family known as Tuvaro. They are most interested in taking victims search engine, home page, and new tabs. The main goal is to deliver ads on the home page and search page. Through these activities, these cyber attackers aim to generate online profit while taking advantage of victim’s own computer system.
If you are seeing www-search.net as part of your home page, it only means that computer is compromised. All you have to do is start removing the unwanted program from the computer before it can add harm on the system.
Online Security Scanner Report for www-search.net:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
|Link is safe||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
www-search.net Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like www-search.net. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to www-search.net. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to www-search.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove www-search.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted www-search.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of www-search.net on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On January 11, 2014