If your browser constantly redirects to ww9.js.multibar.me, it only implies that adware already exists on the computer. The main purpose of this threat is to deliver web traffic to various web sites that returns profit for the adware authors. ww9.js.multibar.me browser hijacker features a script that will holds your browser to stay on the endorse sites. Return and forward buttons are disabled. All links on the page also redirects to various unwanted URL when clicked.
The reason why you have this ww9.js.multibar.me redirect adware is due to software you have downloaded and installed. Unwanted browser add-ons such as this are commonly packed to freeware and shareware so that users can be easily deceived to download and install them. Most of the time, users are not aware on the installation of adware. It only means that when you load the freeware, you will also have ww9.js.multibar.me installed on the browser. The process is so concealed that even your antivirus program may not detect the infiltration.
We highly suggest removal of the latest program you have installed that may have lead to the infection of ww9.js.multibar.me. In addition, you must scan the computer with efficient anti-malware and anti-virus programs. Tools that can remove adware also helps find specific items belonging to ww9.js.multibar.me.
After removing the threat, it is important that you avoid any infection. Installing anti-malware program with real-time protection can block malicious web sites, URL, and files from interactive with your PC.
Online Security Scanner Report for ww9.js.multibar.me:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Nov 09, 2013|
|Dangerous||Feedback: Malicious site||Updated: Nov 09, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 09, 2013|
ww9.js.multibar.me Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like ww9.js.multibar.me. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to ww9.js.multibar.me. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to ww9.js.multibar.me. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove ww9.js.multibar.me Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted ww9.js.multibar.me from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of ww9.js.multibar.me on the affected browser.