Windows Cleaning Toolkit is promoted to be a computer virus removal program. However, what lies behind its common graphical user interface (GUI) is a goal of extracting money from victims. Just like its previous version Windows Expert Console, this new version will try to mislead you with fake scans coming from its own window. Aside from that, it also issue fake alert messages stating certain Trojan, virus, and malware infection of various files found on your hard drive.
Your antivirus program may not be efficient enough to block Windows Cleaning Toolkit from entering the computer. It is using a technique where it can hide its process through certain exploits occurring on the computer. Furthermore, Trojan Downloader can penetrate the computer without detection and install Windows Cleaning Toolkit on the background.
During the presence of the rogue software, you will receive extreme pop-up warnings. This is so much bothersome that you can no longer use the PC normally. Windows Cleaning Toolkit also runs a scan each time you start Windows, reminding you that viruses are present on your Windows system.
As you can see, it pushes you into paying for the Windows Cleaning Toolkit registration code. Whatever happens, do not waste you money on this rubbish product. Use the key supplied on this page to easily remove Windows Cleaning Toolkit from the infected computer.
How to Remove Windows Cleaning Toolkit
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Windows Cleaning Toolkit, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Windows Cleaning Toolkit, click on Buy Full Edition button at the bottom of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Windows Cleaning Toolkit Activation Code: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Windows Cleaning Toolkit and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Windows Cleaning Toolkit’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Windows Cleaning Toolkit. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Windows Cleaning Toolkit entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Windows Cleaning Toolkit have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.