Webunstop.net is a browser plug-in that is promoted to give user an ability to watch free on streaming services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Spotify, Pandora, and many more similar sites. Webunstop.net claims to bypass geographically restricted contents by integrating a simple code to your favorite internet browser application. Using this plug-in, user will have limitless access to content of said video streaming sites anywhere in the world.
Even with striking features and assurances, you must know that Webunstop.net is under the category of potentially unwanted program (PUP). It was placed on this group because malicious third-party applications were found to be one of the means in spreading Webunstop.net. In addition, user’s permission is not called for before installing it on the computer. Webunstop.net loads alongside dubious freeware and shareware.
When Webunstop.net is loaded onto the computer, it will start modifying settings on the browser. It also inserts codes that monitors browsing habit, visited websites, and search inquiries. This adware may gather sensitive online data from the browser as well without your authority. As usual, all collected information from user will be used to enhance advertising scheme and serve offers that are more appealing.
Webunstop.net is very much alike to its earlier variants. These programs may have some functional features, however, it may not be worthy for your online privacy and security to suffer. Thus, we highly recommend looking for similar program that do not bring risk to your computer. For your own safety, obtain browser plug-in and extension only from valid and reputable sources.
Online Security Scanner Report for webunstop.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Sept. 10, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Sept. 10, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Sept. 10, 2017|
How to Remove Webunstop.net Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Webunstop.net
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Webunstop.net entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Webunstop.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Webunstop.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Webunstop.net on the affected browser.
Step 4: Clear Webunstop.net Proxy Settings
Browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari are using system proxy settings. Therefore, you need to remove Webunstop.net from Internet Properties of the operating system. Mozilla Firefox browser can be configured separately.
Remove Webunstop.net Proxy from Internet Properties of Windows
1. Close affected browser application.
2. Go to Windows Start or Search bar and type inetcpl.cpl in the field. Press Enter on keyboard.
3. Internet Properties window will open. Click on Connections tab.
4. Click on LAN Settings.
5. Delete Webunstop.net/wpad.dat under “Use Automatic Configuration Script“. Refer to image below.
6. Remove the Check mark on Use Automatic Configuration Script.
7. Click OK to save the settings.
8. Click OK again to exit Internet Properties window.
Remove Webunstop.net Proxy from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar about:preferences#advanced
3. Once in Advanced settings page, click on Network tab.
4. Under Connection area, click on Settings.
5. Go to Automatic proxy configuration URL section and Delete the string Webunstop.net/wpad.dat from the field. Please refer to image below.
6. Lastly, Select “Use System Proxy Settings” to deactivate proxy configured by Webunstop.net.
7. Click OK to save the settings. Restart Mozilla Firefox.