Websearch.a-searchpage.info get installed on computers together with downloaded program. Users are often not aware that some shareware offered by various web sites are packed with adware and that includes this unknown search engine from Tuvaro. Once the adware is installed, home page of the browser will then be set to Websearch.a-searchpage.info. This is a search page that you will find worthless and your willingness to remove it comes at hand.
Presence of Websearch.a-searchpage.info is so annoying. It shows pop-up ads and redirects your searches to unknown web sites. Most of the time, it hijacks the browser to force you into viewing sponsored web site. Other than bothering your Internet experience, computer security experts also warns on the data gathering capability of Websearch.a-searchpage.info. It collects many forms of data that is relevant on how you use the net, words you search, and web site you constantly visit. As you can see, your privacy is at risk with the existence of this adware.
If you only take notice of what you are installing, you may have not obtained this browser hijacker in the first place. All you need to do now is remove Websearch.a-searchpage.info. Start with anti-virus and anti-malware scan. Then, clean your add-on or extension through browser settings.
Online Security Scanner Report for websearch.a-searchpage.info:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct 8, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Updated: Oct 8, 2015|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Oct 8, 2015|
Websearch.a-searchpage.info Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Websearch.a-searchpage.info. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Websearch.a-searchpage.info. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Websearch.a-searchpage.info. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Websearch.a-searchpage.info Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Websearch.a-searchpage.info from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Websearch.a-searchpage.info on the affected browser.