websearch.searchboxes.info is part of a browser redirect and hijacker program that affects known browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It was included in the list of adware due to the deceiving tactic it uses to enter one’s computer. Most of the time, the adware obtain a space inside the PC through freeware and shareware. websearch.searchboxes.info is packed with programs that are observed to be attractive to Internet users. These programs could be video player, music player, games, tools and utilities.
You must know that there are certain ways to evade the installation of websearch.searchboxes.info and other similar adware. First, you need to pay attention while installing a program. It could prompt you for inclusion of other software aside from the desired application. In most cases, user disregards this step, reason why they end up having the adware. Second, do not just click on any links sent by a person known to you. Adware authors can easily fake the sender’s details to trick computer users. Lastly, you can avoid websearch.searchboxes.info by having effective tools to check your Internet traffic for malicious transmission.
If it happens that websearch.searchboxes.info gains a spot on your computer, you will see instant changes on the browser. Your home page will be set to websearch.searchboxes.info, which is an unknown search. Upon diagnostics, we found that this browser redirect adware is also using the search engine from search.smartaddressbar.com. Upon learning the relevance, we can say that websearch.searchboxes.info is likely to possess risks on your private data while it exists on the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for websearch.searchboxes.info:
Most of the link scanners we have used have not yet rated the domain for search.smartaddressbar.com. However, not being flagged as harmful or malicious does not mean that the web site is safe. It is still vital to take extra caution when visiting questionable web site like search.smartaddressbar.com.
|Warning||Feedback: Threats found||Updated: April 03, 2016|
|Suspicious||Feedback: Spam URL||Updated: April 03, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: April 03, 2016|
websearch.searchboxes.info Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This malware and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like websearch.searchboxes.info. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to websearch.searchboxes.info. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete websearch.searchboxes.info with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to websearch.searchboxes.info. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove websearch.searchboxes.info Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted websearch.searchboxes.info from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of websearch.searchboxes.info on the affected browser.
Stage 4: Cleanup Internet Browser’s Shortcut Link
One method that starts your home page to unwanted address like websearch.searchboxes.info is by integrating the link to browser’s shortcut link. On this section, we will discuss the proper removal of unwanted entries on shortcut link.
Cleaning Internet Explorer’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Internet Explorer and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Internet Explorer.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to websearch.searchboxes.info. Please refer to image below.
Cleaning Google Chrome’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Google Chrome and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Google Chrome.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to websearch.searchboxes.info. Please see image below for your reference.
Cleaning Mozilla Firefox’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Mozilla Firefox and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Mozilla Firefox.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to websearch.searchboxes.info. See screenshot image below.
Post Last Modified On April 3, 2016