updatedflashplayer.com is a web site that promotes potentially unwanted program Flash Player Pro and other products that are meant to be sold through this fraudulent scheme. From adware author’s point of view, it is easier to deceive computer users by pretending to be a software update. In fact, the message you can get from updatedflashplayer.com appears that it is concern on the outdated program identified on your PC. It looks like that they are worried of having your computer compromised with threats due to outdated programs. Here is the full message:
The page at updatedflashplayer.com says:
Flash Player Update Available!
It is strongly recommended that you upgrade Flash Player as soon as possible.
In reality, this is just a trick that aims to deceive you into downloading offered program. Some users who fall into this ploy discovered that there was no software update necessary. Instead, updatedflashplayer.com loads many crap on the PC. Only then they have realized that whatever message posted on updatedflashplayer.com is false. They may have evaded this adware only if they download software updates from official web site of the developer. Flash update should be acquired from Adobe Flash web site and not from updatedflashplayer.com that is registered and owned by cyber crooks.
It is never too late. Immediately after installing the fake update, uninstall all malicious programs found on the computer. Then, run a scan of antivirus and anti-malware program to detect and delete hidden entities on system folders and registry. Lastly, install an effective security tool with real-time protection to prevent further infection and block malicious traffic connecting your PC to updatedflashplayer.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for updatedflashplayer.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: N/A||Updated: Nov 11, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Nov 11, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 11, 2013|
updatedflashplayer.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like updatedflashplayer.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to updatedflashplayer.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to updatedflashplayer.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove updatedflashplayer.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted updatedflashplayer.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of updatedflashplayer.com on the affected browser.