Malware experts identified YixSpeedUp as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or rogue application. Its official website states that it is able to fix PC errors, boost system performance, prevent crashes, and clean your PC. However, it turns out that this program is another way of online schemer to gain revenue by promoting or selling its licensed version.
YixSpeedUp is a fake tool
YixSpeedUp is a rogue application that often comes unwelcome. It normally hides along with free downloadable programs and other dubious software. In order to avoid getting a piece of bogus software like YixSpeedUp, careful manner when adding application is vital. We strongly advised to install downloaded software via ‘Custom‘ or ‘Advanced‘ method. This is to ensure that there is no extra program installed aside from your desired program. However, since the majority of computer users are installing free software via ‘Default‘ method, the chance of installing YixSpeedUp and all malware bundled with it is very likely.
Once YixSpeedUp is installed on the computer, it performs a thorough system scan. Afterwards, this rogue security and optimization tool is going to present a number of non-existent issues that allegedly affecting the PC. However, in order to fix or remove the said issues, you have to purchase the full version of software product or subscribe to paid technical support services.
Getting rid of YixSpeedUp
We have to warn you that paying for the licensed version of YixSpeedUp is pointless. It gives no real value and does not provide any constructive outcome. In fact, this fake tool is just a remake of HogoSpeedup, QnetSpeedup, and SmartPCAP, which originates from PC Accelerate Pro family. Thus, the best course of action is to remove this unwanted program from the computer. This is the only key to stop all unwanted ads, alarming security alerts, and to keep the system away from direct exposure to other potential risks.
To get rid of YixSpeedUp, we have prepared a detailed removal instruction on this page. Kindly follow the steps as outlined below. Do not skip the virus and malware scanning as it is necessary to find and delete hidden harmful objects associated with YixSpeedUp.
YixSpeedUp Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like YixSpeedUp through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like YixSpeedUp, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete YixSpeedUp rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of YixSpeedUp
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for YixSpeedUp and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall YixSpeedUp from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select YixSpeedUp from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove YixSpeedUp unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds YixSpeedUp and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of YixSpeedUp using Anti-malware Program
To remove YixSpeedUp automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like YixSpeedUp that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to YixSpeedUp.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.