Windows Safety Master is a malware or also known as rogue security program. It focuses on misleading computer users with fake alerts and pop-up warnings. After Windows log-on this fake antivirus program will run a virus scan automatically. It doesn’t need your request or command to check the system for any virus presence. Instantly, Windows Safety Master malware will declare several viruses, Trojans, and malware infection. The program never gives you the chance to remove the threats unless you purchase the Windows Safety Master registration key.
As you can observe, Windows Safety Master has no distinct characteristics compared to Windows Prime Accelerator and Windows Prime Shield. The reason is, these programs were made by the same author. All of them were created to steal money from computer users. We can also say that running this fraudulent scheme aims on collecting credit card details from victims. Upon entering your data while paying for Windows Safety Master, the system records all you information, stealing your banking details.
If you wonder how Windows Safety Master gets inside the computer, it could be due to malicious links you have clicked. Trojans and virus infections can also cause the rogue program to enter the PC without your knowledge. Malicious and harmful multimedia sites also contribute to the spread of Windows Safety Master so avoid such sites.
How to Remove Windows Safety Master
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Windows Safety Master, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Windows Safety Master, click on Activate Ultimate Protection at the top of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Windows Safety Master Registration Key: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Windows Safety Master and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Windows Safety Master’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Windows Safety Master. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Windows Safety Master entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Windows Safety Master have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.