TappyTop is unwanted program that enters the computer without user’s consent. Utilizing mostly third-party application, developers of this adware manages to load TappyTop into the computer secretly. Through this intrusive scheme, computer security experts classed TappyTop as Adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP).
As part of software bundles, TappyTop is packed together with other freeware or shareware like software updates, utilities, free games, and media player. Regular computer users are not aware that they can acquire adware from these free productss. In most instances, installation of TappyTop doesn’t seek for user’s permission. Other unsafe adware may also be bundled with the installation that puts the computer at high risk.
There are also cases that user received TappyTop from various paid links and promotions. Some people are even tricked to install it to enjoy much secure web browsing. On its official website, TappyTop is endorsed as a program that prevents third parties from tracking your browsing and search activities. TappyTop claims to be the web’s best free software concerned on users privacy and security while online.
As a user, you are boundless to choose any software that functions the same way as TappyTop. It is much better to use programs that don’t compromise your privacy. Upon diagnostic, we found that user has very little to gain from TappyTop. The developer benefited more from this adware. With its excessive display of advertisements and paid links, you may only end up browsing malicious website.
If you have TappyTop Site on the computer, we suggest that you run a scan of updated anti-malware and anti-virus tools. This is the only way to make sure to delete all objects linked to TappyTop.
Online Security Scanner Report for tappytop.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 15, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 15, 2016|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 15, 2016|
How to Remove TappyTop
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall TappyTop
The main cause of adware and malware could be dubious software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove TappyTop, Tappy Top Site, or Linkury entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to TappyTop. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove TappyTop Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted TappyTop from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of TappyTop on the affected browser.
Step 4 (Optional): Reset the Browser to Remove TappyTop
If the tools offered above are not helpful in restoring your browser to previous normal state, adware may still be present. Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on or extension is vital when dealing with TappyTop. The procedure below will guide you to reset various browsers to its default state.
Remove TappyTop from Google (Reset Feature)
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard:
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by TappyTop. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Software Removal Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove TappyTop from Internet Explorer (Reset Settings)
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by TappyTop and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Remove TappyTop from Mozilla Firefox (Refresh Function)
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to TappyTop.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and go to Troubleshooting Information page by typing this in the address bar: about:support
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a Tune Up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. TappyTop should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.