Secure PC Tuneup is marketed as Windows registry cleaner. Actually, it is advertised as the best one that improves PC’s performance by effectively removing all registry errors. At first glance, user may see Secure PC Tuneup as a useful tool. However, when it begins to scan the system and provides numerous errors and troubles without giving exact details, one may doubt its legitimacy.
Aside from producing questionable scan results, Secure PC Tuneup also requires user to obtain the paid version of the program before fixing the errors. This is one sign that you are dealing with a rogue program that only wants your money. Thus, be careful when downloading software and make sure that it is valid before installing it on the system.
Typically, users obtained Secure PC Tuneup via various sources. It may arrive on the computer by means of freeware or shareware. Without your knowledge, installing such dubious programs may also load Secure PC Tuneup into the computer even without proper authorization. As such, with intrusive way of penetrating the computer, some people deemed Secure PC Tuneup as virus.
In general, Secure PC Tuneup is not a virus. It fits the description of rogue software. By providing false scan results and forged warnings, it strives to convince user to pay for the paid version of Secure PC Tuneup.
It is clear that Secure PC Tuneup is the type of program that you cannot entrust the optimization of your operating system. Thus, we highly suggest to get rid of this program as soon as possible to prevent any further harm. Below are easy to follow procedures and scanners to locate any harmful objects that may have arrive alongside Secure PC Tuneup.
Online Security Scanner Report for securepctuneup.com:
|Warning||Feedback: Threats found||Updated: April 08, 2017|
|Dangerous||Feedback: Malicious site||Updated: April 08, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: April 08, 2017|
How to Remove Secure PC Tuneup
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Secure PC Tuneup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. “Uninstall or Change a Program” window will open. Select Secure PC Tuneup from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Secure PC Tuneup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Secure PC Tuneup using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Secure PC Tuneup . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Secure PC Tuneup entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Secure PC Tuneup have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Secure PC Tuneup.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.