SafeSoft PC Cleaner is classified as a rogue software pretending to be a useful registry fixer and system optimization tool. It can sneak inside your Windows PC system and cause a multitude of issues ranging from annoying pop-ups to system slow down. This bogus software arises from the clan of rogue system optimizers and it has a blueprint of previous rogue tools. This latest variant reveals no distinctive feature except the fact that it is distributed in a new label.
How SafeSoft PC Cleaner enters the computer?
There are certain ways that SafeSoft PC Cleaner can penetrate a computer. Like most fake software, SafeSoft PC Cleaner targets ordinary computer users who are frequently online, either plainly surfing the internet or in quest of complimentary freeware. Online surfers who bumped into an advertising campaign run by SafeSoft PC Cleaner authors typically engage in ‘malvertising‘ (malicious advertising) or imaginary virus scan page that issues scary statement about the security condition of web user’s computer. If they fail to notice that this is just a deceitful way of attacker to convince them into downloading SafeSoft PC Cleaner, they normally proceed carelessly.
While those that are in pursuit of freeware or bundled apps, they usually ignore customary security measures when installing programs. As set forth by computer security experts to scrutinize downloaded application before executing the file, they disregard this safety measure and instead proceed with the installation without comprehending that it can lead to being infected with rogue software like SafeSoft PC Cleaner.
The operation of PC Cleaner by SafeSoft
During the presence of the questionable system optimization tool, the computer will be flooded with excessive warnings and alerts. Moreover, SafeSoft PC Cleaner runs a complete system scan very often that usually overlaps current running application. After checking the PC, there will be thousands of falsely identified invalid registry entries and similar issues. There will be more succeeding identical intimidating scheme to precipitate users into fixing the troubles utilizing only the paid version of SafeSoft PC Cleaner.
As pointed out, SafeSoft PC Cleaner is a phony Windows registry fixer tool that does not deserve to be inside the computer even for a while. For your own safety and security, remove it from the computer as soon as possible by executing the procedures on this page.
SafeSoft PC Cleaner Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like SafeSoft PC Cleaner through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like SafeSoft PC Cleaner, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete SafeSoft PC Cleaner rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of SafeSoft PC Cleaner
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for SafeSoft PC Cleaner and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall SafeSoft PC Cleaner from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select SafeSoft PC Cleaner from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove SafeSoft PC Cleaner unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds SafeSoft PC Cleaner and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of SafeSoft PC Cleaner using Anti-malware Program
To remove SafeSoft PC Cleaner automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like SafeSoft PC Cleaner that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to SafeSoft PC Cleaner.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.