PriceSparrow is a program known to many security experts as Adware. This type of application was made specifically to issue various ads of different browsers. Makers of this unwanted software use it as a machine to derive online revenue by having a network of advertisers in the said program.
PriceSparrow is not an ordinary ad because it tends to take control of the browser without users approval. It comes packed with freeware normally offered by reputable web sites. In most instances, users will not be prompted that freeware they are acquiring is wrapped with other codes including that of PriceSparrow adware.
In the presence of PriceSparrow, users may see pop-up ads and inline text inserted into web page being viewed. There are also times that PriceSparrow will display full-page banner that almost covers the entire screen. As reported, this actions initiated by the adware is no annoying and many users request abrupt removal of PriceSparrow from the browser. However, deleting this code does not come so easy. There are add-on, plug-in, files, and registry entries that you have to deal with before completely removing PriceSparrow from the computer.
Technically, PriceSparrow is not a virus. It was categorized as adware that was made purposely to deliver web traffic to client’s web sites. In return, people behind this program aims to generate profit while utilizing victim’s resources.
Online Security Scanner Report for pricesparrow.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 22, 2014|
|No Issues||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 22, 2014|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 22, 2014|
How to Remove PriceSparrow
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall PriceSparrow
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove PriceSparrow entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently. You may uninstall Ciuvo or any suspicious software.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to PriceSparrow. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted PriceSparrow from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of PriceSparrow on the affected browser./
Post Last Modified On January 22, 2014