PConverter B3 Toolbar is an adware that usually injected into the computer without user’s permission. In most cases, this program is deployed on various web sites. It is packed to other software that visitors may find worthy to download and install. Without their notice, installing the downloaded software likewise loads PConverter B3 Toolbar into the computer.
This potentially unwanted program focuses on changing settings on the browser particularly Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The adware usually drops add-on or extension that will implement certain feature on the browser. Once completely installed, you will notice right away the presence of PConverter B3 Toolbar. Additionally, user may also be greeted with various pop-up ads. Another function that may be reflected on the computer is coupons and deals banner ads that will appear right below the menu of the browser.
The main goal of PConverter B3 Toolbar is to provide easy to find deals, discounts, and online coupons. This is useful for those who shop a lot while online. While ordinary web users found this thing as annoying and is just a bothersome part of the browser. For this reason, many are looking for ways to remove PConverter B3 Toolbar completely without compromising other features of the Internet browser. There are instances that user needs to completely uninstall the browser program before PConverter B3 Toolbar can be removed from the computer.
PConverter B3 Toolbar Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like PConverter B3 Toolbar home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to PConverter B3 Toolbar. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to PConverter B3 Toolbar adware. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove PConverter B3 Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted PConverter B3 Toolbar items from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of PConverter B3 Toolbar on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from PConverter B3 Toolbar Adware
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with PConverter B3 Toolbar scam. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to PConverter B3 Toolbar adware. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. PConverter B3 Toolbar home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by PConverter B3 Toolbar and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.