After several diagnosis, we found out that My PC Health Check is bundled to some adware. This can be dangerous when run on the computer. My PC Health Check may have indirect relation to bundled programs; however, this type of deployment method is only evident to malicious programs. Questionable files attached to My PC Health Check may not be as dangerous as computer virus, but somehow may endanger the privacy of its user.
My PC Health Check is presented as a tool to optimize Windows especially the Registry. It scans the computer and helps you free-up spaces by deleting unused entries and fragmented files. It could be a useful tool if not only for the annoyances that it brings. My PC Health Check is ad-supported software. Meaning, it needs to pop-up ads on your computer in order to generate online profit. This is the reason why some software are provided free. Their objective is to earn via ads and other online promotion.
To give you targeted and appealing ads, My PC Health Check is equipped with a code that monitors your browsing habit. It records every visited web sites, search queries, and products you are opting to purchase online. My PC Health Check may also steal sensitive data and personal information.
In general, users who are dealing with My PC Health Check may experience not only pop-up advertisements. It may also cause browser redirects as part of its advertising venture. Another purpose of My PC Health Check is to generate web traffics pointing to partners web sites. Overall, these are vital for online advertising and promotion.
To stop My PC Health Check from bothering you, this adware needs to be eliminated. Below are procedures to help you delete this adware totally. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware and anti-virus tools to ensure that there will be no more remains of My PC Health Check.
My PC Health Check Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like My PC Health Check through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like My PC Health Check, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete My PC Health Check rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of My PC Health Check
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for My PC Health Check and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall My PC Health Check from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select My PC Health Check from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove My PC Health Check unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds My PC Health Check and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of My PC Health Check using Anti-malware Program
To remove My PC Health Check automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like My PC Health Check that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to My PC Health Check.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.