CleanMyPC is deemed as rogue security and optimization software. Majority of its installation on the computer is accomplished through the utilization of misleading approach where several pop-up ads are promoting CleanMyPC as valuable computer performance booster tool. On some instances, the ads are disguising as legitimate system alert proclaiming that several issues were identified on the computer. It prompts for immediate fix by persuading users to run an online scan that will actually install CleanMyPC locally.
After the full setup procedure and once CleanMyPC is active on the computer, users may witness the same misleading pop-up warnings claiming that dangers and issues are filing up. This time, the misleading tactics are locally produced and pop-ups are actually showing on the Windows screen. Unfortunately, CleanMyPC created this bogus alert just to influence computer users into purchasing the full version of the marketed application. Pop-ups and warning will continue to flood the screen until such time that computer user decided to upgrade CleanMyPC to a registered or paid version.
Bear in mind that rogue tool are employing scare tactics to sell a copy of the unwanted program. Nearly all of them claim that their objective is to keep your computer clean and run like new again after running the scan. Particularly, CleanMyPC asserts that it checks the whole computer to clean up junk files, speed up the computer, and boost its performance. Hence, the actual function is still questionable and there is actually no legit positive evaluation about CleanMyPC.
Most computer users who accidentally install the rogue tool are complaining about the difficulty of removing the program. Some user states that any removal attempt leads them to registration website, which is actually payment processor for purchasing the registered version. To help with the effective removal of CleanMyPC, we outlined comprehensive steps below along with free and valid anti-virus and anti-malware tools.
CleanMyPC Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like CleanMyPC through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like CleanMyPC, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete CleanMyPC rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of CleanMyPC
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for CleanMyPC and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall CleanMyPC from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select CleanMyPC from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove CleanMyPC unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds CleanMyPC and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of CleanMyPC using Anti-malware Program
To remove CleanMyPC automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like CleanMyPC that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to CleanMyPC.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.