CleanMyPC is deemed as rogue security and optimization software. Majority of its installation on the computer is accomplished through the utilization of misleading approach where several pop-up ads are promoting CleanMyPC as valuable computer performance booster tool. On some instances, the ads are disguising as legitimate system alert proclaiming that several issues were identified on the computer. It prompts for immediate fix by persuading users to run an online scan that will actually install CleanMyPC locally.
After the full setup procedure and once CleanMyPC is active on the computer, users may witness the same misleading pop-up warnings claiming that dangers and issues are filing up. This time, the misleading tactics are locally produced and pop-ups are actually showing on the Windows screen. Unfortunately, CleanMyPC created this bogus alert just to influence computer users into purchasing the full version of the marketed application. Pop-ups and warning will continue to flood the screen until such time that computer user decided to upgrade CleanMyPC to a registered or paid version.
Bear in mind that rogue tool are employing scare tactics to sell a copy of the unwanted program. Nearly all of them claim that their objective is to keep your computer clean and run like new again after running the scan. Particularly, CleanMyPC asserts that it checks the whole computer to clean up junk files, speed up the computer, and boost its performance. Hence, the actual function is still questionable and there is actually no legit positive evaluation about CleanMyPC.
Most computer users who accidentally install the rogue tool are complaining about the difficulty of removing the program. Some user states that any removal attempt leads them to registration website, which is actually payment processor for purchasing the registered version. To help with the effective removal of CleanMyPC, we outlined comprehensive steps below along with free and valid anti-virus and anti-malware tools.
CleanMyPC Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Uninstall CleanMyPC from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select CleanMyPC from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Step 2 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds CleanMyPC and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 3 : Double-check for leftover of CleanMyPC using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for CleanMyPC . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message "This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product." You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all CleanMyPC entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that CleanMyPC have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Step 4 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove CleanMyPC automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like CleanMyPC that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to System Defender Security Center.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.