When Better-Buys pop-up ads started to appear on the computer, it only means that adware has managed to sneak into the PC. Other than pop-up ads, it also displays inline text advertisements highlighting important words on the page you are viewing. So far, most users who came across with this adware complain of annoyances and being worthless of Better-Buys.
Without your idea, Better-Buys adware may enter the computer through shareware apps. It comes as a bundled program that never seeks your permission before it gets installed. Once it is executed, Better-Buys add-on or extension will be injected into browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. This added code is the cause for having pop-up ads, inline text, banners, and other marketing scheme performed by Better-Buys.
Better-Buys ads will not be visible on the computer unless you visit online shopping web sites. It only shows-up when you are on pages of Ebay, Amazon, Bestbuy, and many other similar venue. Better-Buys will display ads that are very relevant to your interest. It also shows irrelevant ads and links but make sure that it can attract you to click on them.
As you can see, Better-Buys, its ads, and links are aiming to deliver web traffic to a network of advertisers. It does not only aim on selling products. People behind this adware are also involved in Pay-per-Click scheme that generates revenue every time you clicked on Better-Buys links.
Online Security Scanner Report for betterbuys.co:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Nov 19, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Nov 19, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 19, 2013|
How to Remove Better-Buys Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Better-Buys
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Better-Buys entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently. You may uninstall FriendFinder or any Fabook-related software.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Better-Buys. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Better-Buys from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Better-Buys on the affected browser.