Win32/Uwasson.A!ml is a hazardous Trojan that infects a computer through the installation of software cracks and serial number generators. Computer users may also obtain the threat from websites that run a drive-by-download script to infect web visitors instantly. Files or programs detected as Win32/Uwasson.A!ml should be eliminated at once to avoid any further harm on the computer
How does it infect the computer?
Downloading and installing pirated copies of software is the main reason why Win32/Uwasson.A!ml was able to penetrate the computer. It is embedded in the file installer itself or in the serial number generator that comes along with the cracked software. If Microsoft security software is installed, the software can be detected as Program:Win32/Uwasson.A!ml.
Running the executable file in Win32/Uwasson.A!ml is embedded, which initiates the sequence of attacks where, at first, the virus will drop several harmful files in the system folder.
The presence of Win32/Uwasson.A!ml can lead to a number of computer issues. It is classified as a Trojan that has backdoor functionalities, which allow a remote attacker to control the infected computer. Win32/Uwasson.A!ml also opens a backdoor port, allowing it to download additional malware or update itself whenever necessary.
A number of anti-virus and anti-malware programs were found to be beneficial in removing Win32/Uwasson.A!ml. MS’ products, such as Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender Antivirus are two of the most trusted Windows security applications that can eliminate Win32/Uwasson.A!ml for good.
How does this malware operate?
Win32/Uwasson.A!ml is a type of malware that disguises itself as something legitimate or benign but actually carries a malicious payload. The payload of a Trojan is the harmful code or actions it performs once it successfully infects a computer. The specific payload can vary widely based on the intent of the attacker, but here are some common types of Trojan payloads:
- Backdoor Access: Win32/Uwasson.A!ml often creates a backdoor, allowing remote access to the infected system. This enables attackers to control the compromised computer, execute commands, or steal sensitive information.
- Data Theft: Trojans may be designed to steal sensitive data such as login credentials, personal information, or financial details. This stolen information can be exploited for various malicious purposes, including identity theft or financial fraud.
- Remote Control: Win32/Uwasson.A!ml can enable remote control capabilities, allowing attackers to manipulate the infected system from a distance. This could involve taking screenshots, recording audio or video, or even using the infected system to launch attacks on other computers.
- Spyware Functionality: Trojans may have spyware capabilities, allowing them to monitor and collect information about the user’s activities, online behavior, and system configurations.
- Unusual Computer Behavior: Win32/Uwasson.A!ml infection may cause erratic or unusual behavior on the infected computer, such as slow performance, unexpected crashes, or unresponsive applications.
- Unauthorized Access or Activity: Trojans often facilitate unauthorized access, leading to signs like unfamiliar accounts, changes in system settings, or the presence of unknown processes in the task manager.
- Security Alerts or Warnings: Security software or the operating system may generate warnings or alerts about the presence of Win32/Uwasson.A!ml, indicating a potential security threat and prompting further investigation and action.
|A Variant Of Android/Inmobi.C Potentially Unsafe
For more help
A threat family that contains Win32/Uwasson.A!ml has many variants available to the public. Please explore the Trojan category to find relevant threats and suitable eradication methods.
How to remove Win32/Uwasson.A!ml?
To totally remove Win32/Uwasson.A!ml from the computer and get rid of relevant viruses and trojans, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scanned the system with the suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
To remove Win32/Uwasson.A!ml from the computer, follow the guide below:
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of hazardous viruses like Win32/Uwasson.A!ml through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Win32/Uwasson.A!ml, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete the Win32/Uwasson.A!ml virus, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the virus and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 / 11 Guide
1. Click on the Windows logo and select the Power icon when options pop up.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing the Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear. Select the Troubleshoot button.
4. In next window, please choose the Advanced Option.
5. On the Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings, and then, click the Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boots in Startup Settings, press the function key F5 or number 5 on the keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click the Windows Start icon in the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open the Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup, and then click on the Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in the Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings, and then click the Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2 : Run a virus scanner
To remove Win32/Uwasson.A!ml, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful virus removal tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Win32/Uwasson.A!ml or similar attacks, you can activate Sophos to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On the first window of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. An internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove viruses like Win32/Uwasson.A!ml.
6. Click the Start Scanning button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for the presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Win32/Uwasson.A!ml and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
After executing the above instructions, Win32/Uwasson.A!ml should have been completely removed from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or the computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Step 3 : Double Check with Windows Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has a built-in security application that you can use to double-check if your computer is still infected with Win32/Uwasson.A!ml. For Windows 8 and 10/11 users, please run Windows Security. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove the Win32/Uwasson.A!ml virus.
Windows 8 / 10 / 11 Instructions:
Windows Security is a free tool that was built to help you remove Win32/Uwasson.A!ml, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10/11 systems. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with the tool:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for Windows Security, and then open the application.
2. On the Home tab, click Virus and threat protection from the sidebar.
3. On the main window, click on Scan Options. Then, click on Full Scan button.
4. Lastly, click on the Scan now button to start scanning for the presence of Win32/Uwasson.A!ml. The process may take a while to complete.
5. After the scan, Delete/Quarantine identified threats, whether they were relevant to Win32/Uwasson.A!ml or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
How to protect the computer from Win32/Uwasson.A!ml?
The initial defense that comes to mind for any computer user is to install an anti-virus or anti-malware program. This move is sensible and probably the most practical way to protect the computer against a Win32/Uwasson.A!ml attack. Hence, keep in mind that having security software does not guarantee full protection. The majority of the prevention still lies in being cautious of users, and therefore, we are providing the following information as guidelines to protect the computer from virus infection.
Avoid Malicious Websites
There are enormous numbers of websites that were made for the primary purpose of spreading Win32/Uwasson.A!ml. Normally, these sites are involved in integrating malicious pop-up and browser hijacker, that will eventually cause further virus infections. Avoid such websites.
Ignore and Delete Phishing Emails
The mass-mailing of computer viruses gives the attackers the luxury of spreading their malicious code in just one send-off. This will arrive in the inbox as an email that appears to be from a legitimate organization. So, if you receive an unexpected email with a link or an attached file, better delete it immediately.
Do Not Click a Suspicious Link
Links from social media, forums, and blog sites are sometimes being utilized by attackers to drive web users to a malicious page that contains malicious code. Therefore, do not just click on any link, especially if it looks suspicious. Accidental access to the destination site may lead to a Win32/Uwasson.A!ml infection.
Be Careful When Downloading Files
Cracked software, serial key generators, and several freeware are seen as another method that spreads the Win32/Uwasson.A!ml virus. Avoid acquiring these types of applications, and if there is a need to download freeware or shareware, be sure to obtain it from the official website or trusted providers.