Win32/Floxif (Trojan Floxif) is a detection name to identify a file-changing Trojan that is targeting MS Windows computer systems. It has backdoor capability, which allows an attacker to control the computer from a remote location. Win32/Floxif is hazardous and difficult to remove from infected computer without a tool provided by various security vendors.
The Trojan normally arrives on the computer when web users pay a visit to malicious websites that employs drive-by-download scheme. In addition, makers of Win32/Floxif are utilizing spam email messages to spread the threat.
Once executed, Win32/Floxif will drop executable files on infected computer. It also creates registry entries to run the code each time Windows OS starts. Win32/Floxif also changes legitimate files to an infected one with executable (.EXE) attribute. It allows remote attacker to take control of compromised computer from a remote location.
Win32/Floxif operates silently, therefore, there will be no visible signs that computer is infected with the Trojan. The only symptom that may be visible is when anti-virus program pop-ups a warning as soon as it identifies the presence of Win32/Floxif.
Win32/Floxif Removal Tool
Download rmfloxif.exe from AVG website to automatically remove Win32/Floxif from infected computer. If this tool in insufficient in getting rid of the Trojan, you may proceed with the systematic removal guide below.
How to remove Win32/Floxif?
To totally remove Win32/Floxif from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Win32/Floxif Instantly
To instantly remove Win32/Floxif, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Win32/Floxif or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Win32/Floxif should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Win32/Floxif. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Win32/Floxif virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Win32/Floxif, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Win32/Floxif
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Win32/Floxif. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Win32/Floxif or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Win32/Floxif effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Win32/Floxif items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.