VirTool:Win64/EDRSandblast.D is a generic detection for a highly hazardous file that cyber crooks are utilizing to attack Windows system. This detection by Microsoft Defender Antivirus covers a wide range or malicious program that exploits the vulnerabilities on the computer in order to inject additional code into Windows application or Services. As such, VirTool:Win64/EDRSandblast.D must be eliminated from the computer as soon as possible.
When VirTool:Win64/EDRSandblast.D is operational on the computer, it attempts to infect the Windows by inserting or dropping a malicious code. Then, it carries out modifications that will make the virus part of the system or process. As such, it starts on its own every time that the Windows boot-up. VirTool:Win64/EDRSandblast.D also exhibits different malicious behavior and can perform various tasks that favors its illicit operation.
How to remove VirTool:Win64/EDRSandblast.D?
The presence of this virus can cause severe damages to the computer. Therefore, we highly recommend the immediate removal by scanning the infected system with the following tools:
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect VirTool:Win64/EDRSandblast.D or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing VirTool:Win64/EDRSandblast.D will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that VirTool:Win64/EDRSandblast.D is completely eliminated.
For more help
We are providing a list of VirTool threats on this website. The list contains variants and sub-variants of the virus, including specific removal guide and effective scanners.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.