What is VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent?
VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent is a detection for a computer virus that uses a visual basic language. Its presence on the computer can be the root for additional virus infection. Hackers designed VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent with a capability to contact a remote server and download more malware to be executed on the computer.Therefore, the moment that an alert about its detection shows up on the computer, the user must immediately run a thorough scan to remove VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent.
The unwise and insecure use of the internet is certainly the main factor why this virus was able to infiltrate the computer. Web users who are fond of downloading pirated software and serial key generators are the usual victims of VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent. In addition, those who carelessly open an email attachment also accidentally executes and run the virus on their computer.
It is obvious that the infection can be avoided, provided that the computer user is very cautious and knows the basics of protecting the system. For example, installing an antivirus program is helpful in detecting and removing malicious files. In addition, it can quarantine identified threats before it can be executed on the computer.
When VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent is run on the computer, it is going to communicate to a remote server to download additional malware. The virus is then executed on the computer as an additional function to VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent. Therefore, as long as this virus is present on the system, it can enhance its presence and became more hazardous overtime. Thus, immediate removal is highly recommended.
How to remove VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent?
To totally remove VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of hazardous virus like VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent virus including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the virus and malicious items linked with it.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 : Run a virus scanner
To remove VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful virus removal tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent or similar attack, you can activate Sophos to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove virus like VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
After executing the above instructions, VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
How to protect the computer from VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent?
The initial defense that comes to the mind of any computer users is to install an anti-virus or anti-malware program. This move is sensible and probably the most practical way to protect the computer against VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent attack. Hence, keep in mind that having a security software do not give full guarantee of protection. The most part of the prevention still lies on being cautious of users and therefore we are providing the following information as guidelines to protect the computer from virus infection.
Avoid Malicious Websites
There are enormous numbers of websites that was made for the primary purpose of spreading VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent. Normally, these sites are involved in integrating malicious pop-up and browser hijacker, that will eventually cause further virus infection. Avoid such kind of websites.
Delete Phishing Emails
The mass-mailing of computer viruses gives the attackers the luxury of spreading their malicious code in just one send off. This will arrive in the inbox as email that appears to be from a legitimate organization. So, if you receive an unexpected email with a link or an attached file, better delete it immediately.
Do Not Click a Suspicious Link
Links from social media, forums, and blog sites are sometimes being utilized by attackers to drive web users to a malicious page that contains malicious code. Therefore, do not just click on any link especially if it looks suspicious. Accidental access to the destination site may lead to VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent infection.
Be Careful When Downloading Files
Cracked software, serial key generators, and several freeware are seen as another method that spreads the VBA/TrojanDownloader.Agent virus. Avoid acquiring these types of application and if there is a need to download a freeware or shareware, be sure to obtain it from the official website or trusted providers.