Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock is a threat identified by Microsoft Security Software. This is a typical malware that targets the core system of Windows in order to complete its tasks. Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock was made to execute a series of commands once it gets inside the system. It will gather data like system settings, Windows version, network configuration, and so on. Collected data will be sent to remote attacker for analysis.
In general, system will get infected with Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock if malicious code is executed on the computer. Source of this trojan may vary due to the changing ways how it is deployed. Typically, spam email messages disguising as open letter from reputable institution are used to deceive recipients. Body of the message contains enticing phrases that tries to convince user into opening the attached file.
Malicious links from social media sites and instant messaging program are also seen as method used in distributing Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock. Illegally distributed software and media materials may also contain code that can lead to the infection of this malware.
In order to run itself on Windows start-up, Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock will make a copy of itself under system files. Then, registry entry is created to call the file on each Windows boot-up. Apart from that, this malware will also drop non-malicious files on various folders of the compromised PC.
Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock occasionally connects to a remote host to execute tasks like the following:
- Notify attacker on the new infection
- Sends gathered data from the infected computer
- Download and execute additional files including an updated version of the trojan
- Accept command from a remote attacker
There is not much obvious symptom from this malware. Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock operates silently in the background. However, Microsoft Security Software may alert you on the presence of this trojan.
How can you remove Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock?
To totally remove Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
MSE Download Link (this will open on a new window)
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Windows 8 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock
Windows Defender Download Link (this will open on a new window)
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Trojan:Win32/Peals.B!plock or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.