Trojan:Win32/Ymacco is a computer virus that may infect the system through another Trojan Downloader. It could also be that the infection occurs when a web user visits a malicious website or have downloaded an infected executable file from the said location. Once computer is infected with Trojan:Win32/Ymacco, it can be the source for additional threat especially more hazardous ones like those of ransomware attack.
Trojan:Win32/Ymacco normally infects the computer via different method that attackers are using while exploiting different channel of online distribution. It could pass from attacker’s server to random computers by means of mass-mailing campaign. Presence of Trojan:Win32/Ymacco was also found on various malicious websites particularly those that are engaging in the illegal distribution of copyrighted materials such as software, movies, and music files. Simply visiting the mentioned site would run the script that will inject Trojan:Win32/Ymacco on the visitor’s computer. Another way, downloading software or any executable file may also launch the Trojan:Win32/Ymacco infection.
When run on the computer, Trojan:Win32/Ymacco will drop files on the computer, particularly on System folder of Windows. Then, it makes sure to run the virus code on each Windows start-up by adding a registry entry using the “RUN” command. Trojan:Win32/Ymacco also executes a file dropping routine on infected computer where it will make copies of itself on Temp folder of each Windows use account.
Trojan:Win32/Ymacco was observed to be contaminating the computer and later on, it blows up the presence to ransomware infection. Therefore, Trojan:Win32/Ymacco serves as the advanced party for ransomware attack. Its ability to conceal itself from on the computer makes allows itself to carry out various malicious functions without getting detected by security software. Later on, it will communicate to a remote server to download a ransomware module that will encrypt files on the infected system.
List of Variants
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA4C||Severe||Jun 12, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA52||Severe||Jun 12, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AAE3||Severe||Jun 14, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AAF4||Severe||Jun 15, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA33||Severe||Jun 15, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA0B||Severe||Jun 15, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AB35||Severe||Jun 29, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.ABCE||Severe||Jun 29, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AB48||Severe||Jun 29, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AB1F||Severe||Jun 29, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AB62||Severe||Jun 29, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AB60||Severe||Jun 29, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AA74||Severe||Nov 21, 2020|
|For complete details including full list of Trojan:Win32/Ymacco variants, please refer to this Microsoft Security Intelligence page|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Ymacco?
To totally remove Trojan:Win32/Ymacco from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Trojan:Win32/Ymacco Instantly
To instantly remove Trojan:Win32/Ymacco, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Trojan:Win32/Ymacco or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Trojan:Win32/Ymacco should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Trojan:Win32/Ymacco. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Trojan:Win32/Ymacco virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Trojan:Win32/Ymacco, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Trojan:Win32/Ymacco
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Trojan:Win32/Ymacco. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Trojan:Win32/Ymacco or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Trojan:Win32/Ymacco effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Trojan:Win32/Ymacco items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.